Chapter 7

Once the hour was up, Shaun went upstairs to see Emily in a deep sleep. He changed from his work clothes into his night clothes, got into bed, snuggled close to her and then closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

***

Charlie was still awake at midnight. He heard a guard snore gently near his cell. He saw that the key to unlock his cell door was hooked to his back pocket. He carefully removed the key and carefully unlocked his cell door and sneaked out. He then made his escape from the police station.

In the morning, Emily found Shaun sound asleep next to her. She suddenly heard a noise downstairs. She left the room, walked carefully down the stairs and saw Evan. "Good morning Emily." "Hi Evan. I was just wondering what the noise was." "I was making breakfast for Shaun." "What about me?" "I was getting to yours," he said as he placed the cereal dish on the counter. "What would you like?" "I'll get mine." "Oh no you don't. Let me help you." "Thanks. Two slices of toast with a glass of orange juice please."

Shaun then walked into the kitchen. "Good morning you two." "Hi brother." "Hi baby." Shaun then sat at the counter and began to eat the cereal. "I better get ready for work."