Chapter 8

Once Emily got dressed and had her breakfast, Shaun was ready to drive them to work.

Stephen was outside, waiting for Emily. "Hi guys. Would you like to see my baby?" "I've got to work." "I understand. Maybe tonight when you pick Emily up?" "That's fine. See you later baby." "You too." They kissed as Emily got out of the car and walked into the building with Stephen.

They took the lift to the top floor and when the lift doors opened, they saw Stephen's wife. "Hello," Emily greeted kindly. "Hi. I'm Charlotte. Stephen's wife." "Emily Reed. Congratulations." "Thanks. She's adorable." "She sure is. What's her name?" "Emily. It was Stephen's idea. It's an adorable name." Emily gave Stephen a quizzed look. "You named her after me?" "Why not? You're beautiful and so is she." "True. Emily looks beautiful."

Stephen then told one of his male staff members to take charge for two weeks while he was on leave since his daughter was born. "My company is in your hands. Don't ruin it Jake." "I promise Stephen." "As you know Emily is new here. She started yesterday and she's also pregnant so she might be sick. Don't let her out of anyone's sight." "I promise." "Thanks. See you in two weeks." The pair said goodbye as Stephen and Charlotte left the building as the rest of them got back to work.