Chapter 27

Emily had the knife pointed at her for a while. She didn't move in case Charlie's brother made an attempt to move and attack. "You can move you know. Just don't try and attack me or run away, because I'll attack." He wasn't bluffing.

Emily stared at Shaun and mouthed 'I love you," before she moved. That was when Shaun moved quickly towards her. He felt the knife being thrown at him. It hit his chest. Emily ran to him and helped him to the ground. That was when the sirens were heard. Emily looked through her watery eyes and recognised Charlie's car. He quickly exited the car and dashed to her. "Emily." "He threw a knife at him." "Don't worry. Just don't remove it." The police got out of the car and one of them grabbed their handcuffs. "It's my brother that need the cuffs. I was only speeding to get here in time. She called me and I came to help. Obviously I'm too late."

The officer with the handcuffs ready walked towards Charlie's brother and handcuffed him tightly. "Shaun, can you hear me?" Emily asked gently. "Yeah." "Charlie's calling for an ambulance. You're going to be fine. I promise." "I don't know Emily...he got me good." "Don't say another word. Just keep your eyes on me." He kept gazing at her while she held him in her arms. "You're still selfish Shaun," Charlie said with a little laugh. Shaun smiled and then Emily smiled.

Within a few minutes, an ambulance arrived and Shaun was losing consciousness. "Stay with us Shaun." Paramedics approached him and examined him. "Chest wound, looks deep." Emily continued to cry and Charlie was trying to comfort her.

After some checks, Shaun was carefully lifted and gently placed onto the stretcher. Emily was by his side. "Hang in there baby. You're going to be fine. They've got him. Charlie's going to meet us at the hospital and so is Evan. He'll call your parents."

Shaun's vision began to blur and his eyes began to close. "Shaun?" Then the darkness consumed him.