Chapter 11

Back at the hospital, Emily was still asleep. Shaun looked worryingly at Evan. "What's wrong?" "Charlie is out to get Emily. He's out to kill me. I won't let him." "Neither will I. I'll protect you." "Thanks, but you don't have to do that." They looked to Emily and saw her eyes moving while she slept. "I want a twenty four seven watch on her. She doesn't go anywhere on her own until he's in prison." "Don't worry. The police will catch him." "I hope so."

Stephen entered the ward with his wife and daughter and immediately saw Emily, Shaun and Evan. "Hi guys. How is she?" "She's fine," Shaun calmly told him. "She went to get a drink and her colleagues saw her collapse. Jake he said he helped her." "I'll thank him when I see him." "So this is your daughter?" "Yes. Her name is Emily. I named her after your wife. She's a beautiful lady and so is this little one." "She sure is. She's cute. It's fine you named her after my Emily. It's suits her." "Thanks."

Emily's eyes fluttered open. "Shaun?" "Baby." He turned around and held her hand. "Stephen and Charlotte are here with little Emily." "Stephen." "I'm not mad. I'm just worried about you. What exactly happened?" "I felt warm and I must have fainted." "Luckily some colleagues were in the room with you and helped." "I'm really sorry. I just felt warm, Jake wanted a drink and I went to get myself one and I fainted. I'll pay for two new glasses." "No you don't. You fainted. I'll replace them. You focus on getting better before coming back to work."

The next day Emily was discharged and was able to go home. Shaun told his parents that Charlie escaped the police station and that Emily needed to be protected until he was caught and back in custody. His father went to his bedroom and went to his safe. He put in the combination and opened the safe door to reveal papers. Something was underneath the papers. Emily gasped immediately as she saw what it was...a gun.