Chapter 12

"Don't worry Emily. You're my daughter in law. You're family now. You are our priority now. It is our duty to protect you from Charlie." She thanked him as he loaded the gun. "I'll stay outside of your room all night if I must." "Dad-" "don't. I'm your father in law. You're like my birth daughter. Shaun and Evan's sister." "Thanks. You're my first proper dad that actually loves me." "How could I not?" They suddenly heard the front door handle move. "Stay here." He left the room and went downstairs.

"I know she's in there Reed's! Let me in!" "No!" "Dad?" Evan questioned. "Get Emily and Shaun out of here. Protect her and the baby with your life." "Ben-" "Your mum has got this. Go." They ran out of the back door and escaped.

After twenty minutes, Emily became exhausted. Shaun picked her up and ran carefully with her in his arms. "I'm sorry Shaun." "It's fine. The last thing I need, is you having a miscarriage." Evan agreed as Shaun told her to rest if she became tired. She wrapped her arms around his neck while he ran until they would be safe for a while.

Many hours passed and Emily was asleep as Shaun and Evan began walking. "I'm exhausted." "Me too Shaun. Our cousins house is just there. We'll be safe there. Just for tonight. They won't mind." They walked up to the house as Evan knocked on the door which was shortly answered by two women.