{8} Royal Betrayal

Otto's POV

The day before, the Queen had ordered me to travel to Naero with the Chief Commander of the soldiers and that I did the next day. We travelled on our horses, up to one hundred men following behind me.

"How do you know these routes so well" Count Lenayd he Chief commander asked.

He was older than me almost close to my father's age I suppose. He was well skilled with the sword as well as a very loyal subject of King Darius. He served for the castle willingly and dedicatedly.

"I've hunted in these parts when I was younger and I also accompanied them on the journey to slay the Prince's murderers some time back." I said to the man with the shaggy light brown hair.

He nodded "I hope we turn out victorious" he started out "The Queen will be over joyed to see her daughter, I would do anything to make her ha....and my King happy."

Ignoring the suspicion that came to my mind after he spoke, I shrugged it off with a sly smile.

He was thinking of being victorious when for a fact the princess was not even in Naero and they were walking into a death trap. The Naero's were aware of our coming, my father had found a way to contact them before we left. Victory was far from certain for the Arendelle's but not for me, I had an upper hand since I was a Naero myself.

Once we were down the cliffs and into the woods. A wooden trumpet was blown; it was a signal for attack for the Naero's. Just then arrows came flying and men went down once hit. Taking up our shields we began blocking the arrows from the angles they seemed to come from.

Suddenly continuous uniform gallops were heard as men on black clothes with spears and swords came riding towards us. The one who led them threw a spear in my direction, luckily for me I was able to duck, arching low towards the head of my horse. One of the warriors behind grunted and I turned to see the spear had passed through his forehead and out the back, blood oozing down his face to his uniform and unto the back of his horse. He kept jerking continuously almost as though he was convulsing, his pupils moved up to the back, revealing only the white eyes until he fell off his horse to the floor and lay lifeless with blood creating a red pool underneath him.

I frowned, was Cedric stupid to have thrown the spear in my direction, I would have ended up like the lifeless body on the floor if I wasn't quick enough to duck. Cedric would really get it from me.

I turned to see Count Lenayd battling off some opposing soldiers as he rode and sent his sword in all directions, slicing the necks of his opponents. He was pushed off his horse and then landed on the floor but got back up almost as soon as he landed. He was attacked by the soldiers on foot and began battling.

In order not to raise suspicion from the Arendelle soldiers, I began fighting off some Naeros, not necessarily killing them but knocking them to the ground. I really couldn't kill my people, still I wasn't glad with the death of the Arendelle's either.

We became outnumbered with less than twenty soldiers remaining we were captured and taken hostage. At least the rest were but to me I was going home.

"They seemed prepared for our arrival" Lenayd said.

His hands were chained and he had wooden neck-cuff around his neck with chains connected to the wooden board that hung on the horse in front.

"I really don't know" I said.

"This seems suspicious. I think there's a tra......"

"Shut up old man" Cedric said from behind us and whipped Count Lenayd on the back. Lenayd said nothing but a grunt escaped him. I really felt pity for him.