{18} Saved

Perses POV

We rode on horses, galloping round town in search of Diana.

The girl was just a pain in the neck. She had gotten herself into serious trouble at my own expense. I knew that man from the previous day had ulterior motives from the moment I first saw him. She hadn't seen it but I had actually tried to keep her safe. The men of the town were as sly as hungry foxes looking for who to take due advantage of.

We rode through the woods following the description we had been given. I was rather grateful to Captain Jim for lending a helping hand on our search. He had recruited more than fifteen men for my ship some of which accompanied us to search for the dumb girl.

"Captain, we approach the green river." Anguro said.

"I'm sure we'll catch up with them, they wouldn't have gone too far with the wagon."

I had been able to get the description of the men and the direction they were headed in no time. All I had done was threaten the life out of a few shady men and they gave in, feeding me with as much information I needed.

"Turn right men!, we are going round the river"I told the ten men that galloped closely behind.

**

Astris POV

The wagon seemed to have stopped moving and I could hear the men conversing. I wasn't sure why we had stopped but I really didn't care to know. All that came to my mind was to seize the moment.

I lay on the floor, eyes closed, mouth shut, my head facing sideways and my hand on my stomach.

The other girls in the wagon began screaming at the top of their lungs, calling urgent attention.

"What in the world do these swerving animals want now?" Said one of the men "Go check on them Maud!"

I opened one of my eyes and saw a figure pass the side of the wagon and then walk to the door. I went back into my previous lifeless looking position as I heard the dangling keys and the locks hit slightly on the door as it was being unlocked.

The girls were still shouting to create a feeling of urgency, I was extremely gladdened by their cooperation. Just moments before the door was opened I shifted towards the door, so that once it was opened I would be facing the idiot and then I held my breath immediately.

The door flew open. 'What the hell is going on huh?" Maud asked

"Her....s-she she just went unconscious." One of the girls said

"I think shes d-dead and...."

"Shut up!" He yelled at Fira before she could complete her statement. I resisted the urge to frown, as my brows threatened to fold.

"It's not possible" he said. His figure seemed to block the light that came to my face, I supposed he had bent over the examine me.

"There is no way she could be de--"

Just then I kicked him on the chest and he staggered back and fell to the floor, landing on his buttocks. I smiled slyly. "Now!!!" I yelled and jumped down with the other girls following suit.

"What's going on the.."another man said coming to meet us and his eyes widened. "Men, get them!"

The other girls looked at me and I nodded. We were not going to run because they would surely catch some of us if we did, would attack them instead, they were out numbered thirteen to six wasn't a fair match after all.

A few girls took off their slightly pointy boots in order to use them as amateur weapons, some had picked sticks or stones around and as for me I picked a long piece of wood I saw by the wagon.