{10} Set sail to wherever

Otto's POV

It was a busy morning that day.

Our ship had been readied before we departed from the wharf,l. The soldiers had fixed up the ship and had stocked up the vessel with various supplies needed.

They all ran over the place like busy ants on a farm just so they could carry out father's instructions. It was obvious that they feared him, maybe even a lot more than they feared my uncle, the king. The respect for my father ran deep; he was a tough man after all.

I strolled down the deck and up the ship with one of the servant boys following closely behind as he carried my luggage. I ordered him to set the bags in my cabin and he trotted to do as he was told. I waltzed passed the busy soldiers and out to the main deck. I climbed up the few stairs to the helm where Naero's best Sailor  stood impatiently waiting for the final batch of things to be packed.

"Your men are pretty slow" He said looking at me.

"It was an unexpected journey Captain. They only had a space of last night till now to pack up so I say you be patient" I said in defence.

He scoffed and walked to the other side of the helm where the view of the working soldiers was better. "For what reason do you travel south?" He asked

I walked around a little, letting my hands feel the steering wheel that I had never touched before. I had never steered a vessel, not because I couldn't but because I hated the fact that the vessel was meant to move on water. In fact I hated the sea; it had an eerie feeling to it especially considering the fact that it was believed to be ruled by the Queen of the sirens. The sea was not a place for me.

"We search for Princess Astris, she fled from her home" I told him.

"Hmmm" he said and let out an annoying chuckle afterwards. "I do understand that you are engaged to her, but what I do not get is why you choose to travel with your people instead of her's, it's pretty foolish if taking note of the fact that your identity is to be a secret and your both kingdoms are at war more or less"

I shuffled uncomfortably as my hands began folding up tightly into fists. I could punch the shits out of him for calling him foolish, but I needed him, he was the best Sailor in the land after all. "Her people think I've been held hostage and besides if we find her and keep her with us I could easily wed her and then a part of the plan will be completed at least" I replied.

He turned to look at me with a serious expression as though he was puzzled and was finding it hard understanding what exactly I meant by 'the plan'. Letting his shoulders down he said "Very well then"

"The last barrel is in Sir Otto" said Cedric as he walked up towards us.

"I do believe it is time for you to start up with your duties now Captain" I said" Good day".

I walked down to the deck inspecting the supplies there and ordering them on the proper places I needed the items to be. Once done I strolled towards the railing relaxing my weight and staring into the open sea as we moved.

I looked into the water to see my reflection staring back at me. I sighed relaxing my shoulders and letting all my weight on the wooden rail. The man who I saw staring back at me in the water was a puppet. A puppet in the hands of his father and a supposed revenge tool for the Naeros at large. He was a shame, a coward who couldn't stand up for his love. A wimp who left his love behind in search of another woman.

I had wronged Gwen and I was aware. Despite it wasn't entirely my fault, I was still to blame for not putting things as they were to my father. I would probably loose my love because of the fear I had for him.

"Cedric!" I said still staring at the water.

"Yes sire" he said.

"Did you make sure the letter was delivered to Gwen just as I asked" I said to him.

"Yes Otto, it was, she received it at early hours of this morning" he said.

I mouthed a thank you and sent him off while I mentally soaked my anguish into the waters below.

"It seems like your heart belongs to another." The Captain said to me from the wheel.

Escaping my thoughts I looked up towards him and he smiled. "Love is for cowards!" He said, "men who have nothing more to do with their lives."

I glared at him my eye brows furrowing as I held on tighter to the wood beneath my hands. The stupid man was beginning to irritate me, I wished father hadn't let him to sail the vessel.

"Sire the old woman is up" said a voice from behind me.

"Alright" I said to the soldier and turned back to glare at the captain who was now whistling and staring ahead into the sea.

I left the deck and went into the ship cell where Cedric was already waiting for me. The old woman sat there silently with the food that had been given to her a few spaces away.

"I have answered all your questions, I do not understand why you have me here" she said with a trace of laughter in her words.

"We had to be sure you wouldn't mar our journey, A witch is not to be trusted...."I said but she interrupted.

"Neither is a Naero." She said. "If only Darius had listened to me, he wouldn't be entangled in all this."

I laughed. "The king is indeed a stubborn man and his stubbornness shall be his doom. It is only a matter of time before Arendelle is ours just as it was supposed to all along." I said.

She frowned at me and then laughed. "Be it as it may, but do remember that I said this, you won't succeed" she said.

I held back the urge to hit the hag. There was no way I could end up fruitless after all the sacrifices I had made to get this far.

"There is no one to come to their aid Yira." I said, "not even you can save them at least not when your powers are useless."

Her hands moved up the the D'tarahn that was worn round her neck. Father had us wear it on her so as to prevent her from using her powers; she was as good as s regular old hag without her powers.

"Good day Yira." I said before walking out and signalling Cedric. He hit her with a club and that sent her lying unconscious on the floor.