Christmas Eve

The re-cap:

Trying to go back to normal after being close to death is highly, and almost impossible. However, I'm not going to lie and say I'm not trying though. Coming back to Miami, was the perfect fit. Beautiful weather, when it doesn't rain, and great racers.I'm surrounded by everything I love. Sure, being on probation for almost all of it and settling into a public school ruins the whole image, but somehow it has all worked out.

Mom has obviously been the most important piece to it all. She has made this whole transition to a "normal life" better. I love the fact that she's there for me at all times; when I need something, when I do something bad. Even if its been 10 years, it sometimes feels like she never left.

Deckard was captured and sent to a jail in who knows where, way back in September, for what? I don't know. I've tried to get access to restricted information from the government to see where the hell they took him, since it's not the CIA that has him now, or at least that's what Simmons told me, but I've only covered the surface. We don't even know why he was captured, but I plan to slowly figure it out. He just disappeared one day when he went out fishing.

I cant deny being pissed because I thought he was cleared for helping out in Mexico, it doesn't make sense. There went our shot in being a family again. Mom and him aren't together or anything, I was hoping to get them back together, actually Melvin and Chris were the ones pushing for it.

Upon the surprises came the biggest of them all; grandmother Susan came to live with us from the UK, along with Eve and her mom Eliza. Mom has been very well accompanied ever since, I just can't wrap my head to the reasons why Susan would come back to the states, especially since both her sons are in prison now. Whatever the reason, Eve and I have become closer than ever. Alice, my best friend for-ever, is all busy in Washington D.C with all her CIA training,  she has abandoned me...I might be overreacting, but it feels like that.

The Now:

It's a cool Christmas Eve in Miami, FL and Mom has Chris, the whole household, and I wearing matching Christmas PJ's that were designed by Eve. Yes, Eve is very in to fashion, live very. Honestly, I think this is all far too cheesy, I've only heard about things like this in movies, but it keeps Mom happy and that's all it matters. I can't believe this is our first Christmas back together as a family, well without Deckard.

"Grandmother? Where are your pajamas?" Eve says with an offensive tone from the couch as Susan walks down the stairs in fine gray pants, a shirt, and black blazer. She cut her hair in a glamorous pixie cut after coming to Miami and she has been rocking it ever since.

"I found them quite bleak sweetheart." Susan says fixing her hair as she reaches the last step. "But you all look so adorable, awe." She smiles. She is so good looking for her age, I don't know what the fuck Ralph was thinking when he let her go. Men are stupid sometimes.

"I wish I would've not worn this stupid pj onesie today." Chris whispers under his breath sitting next to me in the couch. He has his phone in his hand, something he has been doing ever since Alice left. I swear, he has been in his feelings ever since.

"Just because you're depressed doesn't mean we all have to be bro." I say looking down at his phone and then looking up to him. "She'll call, relax."

"Yeah, whatever." He says standing up and throwing his phone on the couch. "I'll be in the kitchen with Mom." He stands up and abruptly leaves.

"What's wrong with him?" Susan says sitting next to me.

"His girlfriend hasn't contacted him in the past week and he's fed up." I say, crossing my legs and lifting them on the couch. I don't care what Chris says about the onesie, it is very comfortable. A few minutes later, Mom and Eliza put the food on the table, and we find ourselves eating together, like a family.