Break Up

"I already know what you are going to say." Sean says as we sit down in the back patio. I ignore his comment for a moment. "Rosie..." He says after he sees that I do not respond.

"You know, a couple a weeks ago, we were perfectly happy, I think, too happy, ya know?" I say slowly. Sean nods silently. "We had it all figured out."

"Where are you getting with this?" He interrupts.

"To the fact that we will never have it figured out Sean. We will remain like this. Don't you see it? We are a danger to each other. Shit, we can't even trust each other. We can't trust ourselves" I look at him, directly in the eyes. He knows he agrees with me. 

"I know I gave you a reason to not trust me, but it was for your safety babe." He reaches for my hands. " We are a family at the end of it all."

"Yes, I won't fight you on that. But us, we...I don't think, we can go on with this-" I start to say with a strength that I don't know where I get from. I love him, there is no doubt. But with all the that has happened, I need a reality check, and I need to find Rosie again. 

"Are you sure about this?" Sean asks as he slowly releases his grip from my hands. No, I am not sure. Hell no. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't even know.

"Ye...yes. It's what is best. Now, I need you to go. Sean, leave." He just stares at me, I feel the longer he does it, the more I realize that I might be making the right choice here. "When I tell you this, I say it because we are so young."

"I just don't want to lose you. I'm not ready for that." His voice starts shaking.

"You won't lose me." I pause. "I'm right here. I will always be, but right now, only as a friend. We can't be together and at the same time be agents, and then be racers..."

"I see." He slowly gets up. He looks so hurt that I almost want to say fuck it, we belong together.  I stand up too and lean in to give him a kiss. I feel levitated as he kisses me. I feel the tears getting ready to just spill out, one by one. I hold them in though, my heart hurts enough by seeing him upset.

 "I love you." Sean says as we break away from our long kiss. I open my eyes and by the time I realize it, he is walking away. This is probably one of those moments I will look back to. I feel stuck for a  few minutes after he leaves. Once he is out of the house, I run from the patio to my room.

"Rosie?" I hear Eve ask from the kitchen, but I am already one step away from opening the door to my room. I walk in lock the door, and run to the bathroom. There I sit crying, a cliche, but my reality. I am angry for a second. Why is my life like this? Why can't I just be a normal teen? Sean and I could be together if we didn't have these complications in the middle. I hate it. 

The Next Week:

Not that I died of a heartache, but it has been hard. Sean and I talk here and there when we see each other in school. We haven't told anyone that we broke up yet, but it is pretty obvious. Mom has been very supportive though, I think that she is the key to why this whole break up thing is not that hard. 

I have heard from Tashey, she is getting the help she needs for now from the center. They got her a small apartment in the building. I promised her I wouldn't let her live through this alone though. Now that Alex is with her, I know she feels better, especially after the pimps are locked up. The crew and I plan to visit them today after school.

"The 1960's were a period of change in the country..." Mr.Edber says while we turn the page of our textbook. I like my last period, it's actually interesting unlike all my other classes. Unfortunately, all these dumbasses in class come here to do other things. Jerry, the guy that sits in front of me, is always on his phone; Emma on my right is always eating while on her phone; Ryan on my left is always sleeping, with headphones on; Richard in back of me just finds all the opportunities to flirt with me. The phone rings which startles them. "Read page 435 guys." Mr.Edber says while answering. He looks directly at me.

"Miss Shaw? To the office with your things." He says and my classmates look at me like I just go in trouble or something. They are weird. I pack my books and I head out. I walk down the stairs and see Eve, Melvin, and Sean standing next to two young men and a young woman in suits.

"What now?" I say under my breath. I join them.

"You all have an early dismissal, you're welcome." The woman says.

"CIA or FBI?" Melvin asks as a joke as we are escorted outside. We already are used to this. I bet it's Simmons being dramatic.

"Shh kid, secret service kay?" One of the men says, the one that looks like Liam Hemsworth.

"Yeah right, it's CIA." I say annoyed. "They have the comms cord with the little blue streak."

"Shit, they are good." The Liam Hemsworth look alike says under his breath. We walk inside the SUV, Chris is inside already, in the back row, and we are off to an unknown destination.

"They forced me." Chris says angry. "The CIA should know that I have anger issues, like why they keep doing this?"

"Oh, we know." The young woman says, she sits in the front, while the Liam Hemsworth look alike takes the wheel. "But Simmons requested a very important meeting."

"Pssh, I guess." Eve says from the back seat. 

"What for?" Melvin asks.

"Hmm, Sean should know." Chris says sarcastically.

"Ah shit here we go." I whisper.

"I don't. Simmons doesn't contact me. Alice did, but she doesn't anymore."

"You think something happened to her?" Eve asks preoccupied. I pay attention to this, no mater what happened, Alice is someone I love.

"I don't know, but I am starting to get worried. It's been a couple of weeks now and no word from her." Sean says with a worried expression. 

"We will ask Simmons." I say trying to relieve the tension. I look back at Chris. He just shakes his head, like he is annoyed with everything. That has been his mood fro the past weeks. I think it got better, but this meeting will probably bring him back to that.

We get to this unknown location after like an hour. We park in front of this house that looks like it's falling apart. When he hop off, we are greeted with a surprise. We have Simmons, and then next to him Alice.