Prom Night

"I'm tired of you blaming shit on people." Chris says the next day. I told him nicely and calmly, just like I planned. I even had Mom prepare his favorite dish and everything. I needed to tell him about Alice, it's been a couple of weeks now.

"Shh, stop being loud. This is strictly between the crew." I say. Even if we are in the basement, I don't want to run the risk of Mom, Susan, or Eliza finding out that we are escaping to D.C on Friday. I give Chris some more hints that point out why I'm right. It's not until I hit him with a bomb that he starts thinking deep. "You know Chris, I know you love Alice, but seriously, you don't believe your own blood."

"It's not like that." He says after a while of being silent. I had to throw that in because he can't be so I love with this person to doubt what I'm saying.

"We grew up together, alone with no mother and half of a father. You were my secret keeper, my bad influence..." Im just hitting memory lane so he know who I am. I am his sister; it is me who he has to believe.

"Don't start-"

"No I will because after Mexico you suddenly started treating me like shit. Who was the first person I turned to after I escaped the Academy, them two times? Huh?"

"Me. Rosie stop I get it."

"Why? I could've easily called anyone of my other people. But I called you! I went through fucking hell in Mexico to find your ass-" I stop for a second. I know if I hit on the Mexico subject, things get serious real quick. I have done the most for Chris, for him not to believe me.

"Okay! If what you say is true, then let's go to D.C on Friday and find it out." He finally says and I nod. Took him some time to believe me. "I need to see this with my own eyes."

"Chris, I love you bro." I say turning serious.

"Man come here." He says as I stand up to hug him. "I hate that I have treated you differently. None of this is your fault."

"I miss the irresponsible ass Chris who raced with the college kids." I say and he laughs.

"Who the hell said he gone?" He assures him and I fake punch him. Later after I convinced him, Eve, Susan and I went dress shopping for this prom on Friday. I picked this dress that I first saw when I entered this store. It was dark green with a bunch of glitter. Susan was surprised that I didn't want to try out other dresses. I honestly didn't feel like going up and down the mall. The green dress was cute. Eve, as well, settled for a nice dress that was sexy as hell.

"You guys don't want to try other ones?" Susan says after we exit the store.

"No, the ones we got are just right." Eve says. It's not like we going to be all at prom like that. We might make an appearance and get out. I need Sean's ex to see me with him. Who am I kidding? I don't care who sees us, I'm trying to reach DC and come back the same night.

"I've never heard you say something like that Eve." Susan says as we hop inside the car and head back home. I hate that Susan is questioning our moves. "And you Rosie; you seem so inanimate about prom. Isn't like a long-waited night?"

"Yeah, just had a rough day." I say in the passenger seat. I give her a tiny smile. "I love my dress and I can't wait."

"Yeah right. You have that look on your face, the one you pulled on your birthday when Rosalinda got you that jean skirt." Susan says. I totally didn't like that skirt, but I honestly was mad because Melvin announced to the whole fucking school that it was my birthday that day. I wanted to kill him. No one really likes me in the high school anyway, so it wasn't fun at all.

"How long you staying in New York?" Eve asks trying to change the subject. Susan says that she really doesn't know, but it could take a while. She said she has meetings back to back and events to attend. I wish I went with her honestly, I rather be away from here and school. Sometimes I hate high school so much, I start to miss the Academy. I have to go back one of these days to get the stuff I left there and to say hello to the couple of friends I left behind.

I get home and show Mom the dress and she's very excited and all. She already has a makeup artist hired and everything. I told her it wasn't a big deal, but she is taking it very personal. I let her honestly, I love making her happy. I look at my life from year ago and so much has changed, its crazy.

Prom Night:

"Turn around again. Yes! Just like that."Mom says having her camera all up in my face. She has taken a whole film of Sean and I already and it's not enough. Eliza has taken probably double that with Eve and Melvin. I really am in love with Sean all over again with the suit he's wearing tonight. He looks so clean and fresh. I mean we all do to be honest.

I am wearing this golden dress with my hair up.

"As soon as the prom is done, I want you guys back home. There has been a lot of cases of dealers starting night raids recently." Eliza says as we are about to head out. I don't really know what time we will be back from D.C anyway so we say that the prom might end late.

"You look okay, I guess." Chris says holding open the passenger's door. I know he's joking around.

"Yeah I know." I say hopping in. He closes the door behind me. I roll the window down.

"The jet is ready. Look sis , I don't even know what I'm doing trusting you, but, I have been getting that weird vibe from Alice too." He says leaning on the window.

"I'm not going rogue I promise. See you in a few." I say and he pats my head awkwardly, I back away. "You weird as fuck." I laugh. Sean hops in and we drive up to the venue where the prom is being held at. Everyone is in awe as Eve and I step off the cars and walk in with Melvs and Sean.

Sean's ex, Natasha and Melvin's ex, Miranda and their groupies just stare as we walk in. We sit down after all the fuss at the table with our people from school; Lisa, Marie, Richard and Haylee. I notice that Natasha and her cheer leading peoples are just staring and talking about us. I am cracking the fuck up inside, this girl is pathetic.

"I will go say hi to some peoples, let me know when we out." Sean says standing up and walking over to his friends. I check my phone to find all these missed calls from Chris. I text him and let him we will leave in a few. Prom looks boring as fuck, maybe because I'm not interested at all. Lisa and Marie hit the dance floor while Haylee shyly tries to flirt with Melvin. Richard is just bored like me.

"Alright, we made our little show. We can leave." Melvin says grabbing Eve's hand as we stand, I think he had enough of Haylee trying to flirt with him.

"What why? Where ya'll going?" Haylee says upset as we stand.

"Something came up." I say. "I'll bring you food, what you want?"

"Pizza and fries." Haylee says kidding around, she thinks I'm playing. I would really bring her the food to get her from asking questions. That's the hard part of making friends in school; we have so many secrets kept away from them.

I walk over to Sean's friends to tell him we about to leave but he's not with them.