Chapter Two: Finley No!

My eyes widen and I throw my arm out to stop the girl behind me from coming forward. "Jem?" I say recognizing the familiar pale face.

"I didn't realize you came this way. I apologize for scaring you," he says.

"It's fine. Where's Will?"

"He went down the other hall. We should catch up with him," he says finally noticing the girl behind me. "Who is this?"

I open my mouth to answer when she says, "That doesn't matter. We just need to find my sister!"

Jem and I watch her with shock as she storms past us to go down the other hall.

"Wait!" I called softly. "You don't know what you're getting into."

The girl stops and sighs dramatically. I mumble to Jem, "Looks like we have another Jessamine."

He smiles slightly walking with me to the girl. We catch up with Will whom was waiting at the last door.

He catches sight of the three of us and one of his eyebrows is raised at the girl. "Who are you?"

She grumbles something and speaks up, "My name is Finley. This is the last time I'm going to say it, we need to find my sister. You didn't find anyone over here did you?" Her intense gray eyes land on Will.

"No I didn't. We should go up the stairs to see if she's on the third floor."

I nod and glance at Jem. I go ahead of the other three and go up the stairs. I hear something behind me and glance back to see a flustered Finley. I don't say anything and just roll my eyes. I look around the area when I hear a loud scream.

"FINLEY!" comes another scream. The girl behind me rushes the direction the scream came from.

"Finley, no!" I hiss following after her.