Chapter Eleven: Going Cold

A/N: I apologize in advance that this is so short. I needed a filler because the next two parts will hopefully be very long if I have enough patience to write them the way I want, and I haven't updated in forever which I am so sorry for. But I have someone to thank for me updating tonight. Shoutout to LilacPotterhead for giving me the little push I needed. Enjoy my lovelies!

Kathleen's POV

I walk to the dining hall to find that only Will and Jessamine were seated. I sit in my spot next to Will and ask, "Where is everyone else? Henry is a lost cause, but usually Charlotte and Jem are here on time."

Jessie scowls and shrugs at me looking the other direction. I roll my eyes at the other girl. I catch Will doing the same as I causing me to have to hold back a small chuckle.

He looks over me and the last bit of the exasperation leaves his face. "Charlotte said something about talking with Miss Gray. And Jem is still resting after last night."

"When are you going to get him yin fen?" I ask causing his face to pale.

He curses in Welsh and looks at me with sorrowful eyes, "I forgot about it. I'm such an awful parabatai."

My eyes widen at his sullen words. "Will, no. You know very well that is not true. You were helping me and he'll survive until later when you can go get some. He still has a little bit left."

His features go cold at my words and he opens his mouth to say something but Charlotte enters the room halting his response to me.

"The Gray sisters will be joining us momentarily," she says as she walks to take her place at the head of the table.