Chapter Fourteen: Mr. Herondale

Kathleen's POV

I knock on Jem's door after having searched for Will since he disappeared after dinner hoping that his parabatai would know where he was.

I tap my foot and frown as I wait for the door to be opened. Jem never takes this long. I move to knock again when the door opens.

I frown slightly when I see that it was Will that opened it. "So that is where you have been the whole night."

"I was making sure he was okay before I went to get him more yin fen," he says frowning.

"So you're leaving now?" I ask searching his face for any other emotion than annoyance and worry.

"That would be correct. Please move so I can go," he says glaring at me.

My frown deepens as I move to the side to let him go. I watch him walk down the hall trying to figure out what to do.

I decide against my better judgement and run after him. I catch up to him moments later and lightly grab his arm.

He whirls around and glares at me making my heart feel cold. "What is it, Kathleen?"

"Let me go with you," I say pleading.

"Why would I do that?" he asks crossing his arms.

"So you do not end up in a fouler mood," I say placing my hands on my hips.

"Like you can help with that," he sneers.

This sends me tumbling over the cliff of my emotions. "William Herondale!" I yell startling him. "There is no need to act like Jessamine! I understand that you are upset, but you cannot take that out on me! Especially when I'm trying to help you!"

I finish to find myself shaking and glaring at Will. His blue eyes were wide in shock at my outrage.

He sighs reaches out to wipe a tear gently from my cheek. I didn't know I was even crying. "I'm sorry, Leen," he says frowning and something in his eyes portray hurt.

"No. You cannot just say sorry and expect this to be better. You crossed a line Mr. Herondale," I say making him flinch. I hadn't even called him by his last name when we first met as children.

I turn around and run down the hall ignorant to the curious faces peaking out of two different doors.

I get to my room and whip open the door before screaming in frustration. I was so tired of him being sweet to me and then using me as a practice target.

--

I wake up some time later to my door opening. I don't remember falling asleep. I sit up groaning to look at who it was.

Whomever it is already moved away from the doorframe by the time I look making me frown. Before I can say anything, the bed dips and someone else sits with me

Suddenly the room is illuminated. Will is sitting next to me with sadness apparent in his eyes and a witch light in his hands. It is the witch light I had given him so many years ago when we met.

"What are you doing-" I say angrily before Will gently places a finger to my lips.

"Shh, Leen, please just let me talk," he says sadly.

I frown but don't say anything. I motion my hand for him to speak.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. You were correct in saying that I had no right to lash out at you because of my emotions. I've never been good with people I care about except for Jem," he says ending with a near whisper.

He speaks up again, "Since you were the only one speaking with me, I lashed out. I know that is not an excuse but I don't know what else to say."

"I'm impressed. I rendered Will Herondale speechless," I say with a chuckle and a small smile.

He laughs lightly. He eyes brighten and he takes me into his arms much to my surprise. I don't say anything and just let it happen so I can enjoy the moment.

He pulls bag and looks at me with a smile, "Are we okay?"

I frown and answer with complete honesty, "No, no we are not."

"What?" he asks with shock apparent in my eyes.

"As I said earlier, a simple apology won't make this better. You have acted this way with me far too much and you crossed a line."

He looks at my face as if I was about to make this a big joke. Finally he decides that I won't and stands up. "Goodnight, Kathleen."

"Goodnight, Will," I say sighing and placing my face into my hands.

A/N: What do you guys think? Please leave a comment. Until next time my lovelies.