Chapter Twenty-Eight: Unkown Powers

Kathleen's POV

"What kind of power?" I whisper with extreme curiosity and trepidation.

"Enhanced abilities as a Shadowhunter, for one," he says, "And if you're anything like me, teleportation, voice casting, and some magic skill similar to a warlock's."

My eyes widen at his words causing him to smile and his violet eyes to shine brighter. "What about Finley and Tessa?"

"Well," he pauses, "As you know, Finley's father is a demon which makes her a warlock, and you see the power she has. I believe she can also cast spells if properly taught. As for Tessa, she will likely have the powers of a vampire and a very slow aging process. Her father was a changeling but didn't show the symptoms and even if he did, none of the Grays would have known what it would have been."

I nod about to ask another question when I hear a crash behind me and my father growl in anger. I turn around to see Will standing there holding a seraph blade. "Will what are you doing?" I demand.

"You were in here too long for my liking and I had a bad feeling," he said looking past me in confusion.

I turn around to see my father gone and another letter on the table in his place. I turn back to Will, glaring at him. I take the letter and storm past him wondering if I could actually teleport. As I walk out the door and close it, I find that I am in my room at the Institute without Will.

Will's POV

I go to follow Kathleen but am stopped by a man with violet eyes who suddenly appears in front of me. "Be careful with my daughter. It's not wise to ignore her wishes," he says before smiling manically, disappearing again.

Unsettled, I go outside to see that Kathleen was out of sight. "Kathleen!" I call getting no answer. I frown and walk the half mile back to the carriage angry with myself that I had set Kathleen off again despite my good intentions.