Chapter Thirteen: Seeing Double

A/N: Yay! Finally a long chapter. I have a few things to talk about. To start, just so you all are aware I did use a lot of what happened in the actual book for this so if it doesn't fit my normal style, that's why. I did try to make it fit me a little more, though. Also, the next chapter should be long as well and it'll be completely my own. It's going to be a scene between Will and Kathleen. The last thing will be at the end. I want you all to enjoy the story first.

Will's POV

Sophie and Agatha start bringing in the food and we stay silent while the duo does so.

I glance at Kathleen seeing that she was finally about to answer her brother's question before Henry interrupts staring at Finley, "I know you! You bit me!"

I snicker lightly as I watch him rub his hand in the memory. Finley raises her chin and says, "That teaches you to not touch a girl you don't even know."

Henry's face pales at her words and then a blush reddens his cheeks which nearly ends up matching his hair.

I speak up looking at Charlotte, "Have you asked Miss Gray about the Pandemonium Club?"

Instead of Finley answering, Tessa does. "I recognize that name! It was on the side of the Dark Sister's carriage."

"It is an organization of mundanes whom have interested themselves in the magical arts. When the meet, the practice spells and summon demons and spirits," Charlotte sighs.

"I don't see why they try. Wearing hooded cloaks and casting spells. It's just ridiculous," Jessamine says sneering like always.

"They do much more than that," I say. "They are more powerful in the Downworld than you might think. Many important figures in mundane societies are members-"

"That just makes it even more ridiculous!" Jessamine snorts. "They have plenty of power and money. Why mess with magic?"

"Mundanes that mess with things they know nothing about are likely to meet unpleasant ends," Charlotte says.

I shrug. "When I was trying to track down the source of the symbol on that knife Jem and I found in the alley, I was directed to the Pandemonium Club. The members of it  directed me to the Dark Sisters. It's their symbol, the two serpents. They supervised a set of secret gambling dens frequented by Downworlders. They existed to lure mundanes in and trick them into losing all their money in magical games, then, when the mundanes fell into debt, the Dark Sisters would extort the money back at ruinous rates. They ran some other businesses as well, very unsavory ones. The house in which they kept the Grays, I have been told, was a Downworlder brothel catering to mundanes with unusual tastes."

"No wonder you were so eager to go there William," says Jessamine with a smirk.

"I don't see how it could have been a place like that. No one came or went other than the coachman and maidservant," Tessa says quietly.

"It was quite empty when I got there. They probably stopped business there to keep the two of you isolated," I say and then glance over at Charlotte. "Do you think their brother has the same ability as Finley?"

Finley interjects, "He never showed signs of it, much like Tessa."

"What is her ability, I wonder? I doubt she even has one," Jessamine says staring at Finley with disdain.

"You can keep it a secret if you please, but every secret has some weight to it. A possibly heavy one," I say looking at Finley and attempt to keep my emotions in check. I knew all to well what I was talking about.

"It does not need to be a secret," Finley says raising her chin.

"Excellent! Is there anything you need? A spirit lamp perhaps?" Henry asks excitedly. I roll my eyes, wondering how his sister could be so incredibly different from him.

"Henry!" Kathleen exclaims.

Charlotte adds on, "This is not a séance."

"Actually, I do require something." she says turning to Jessamine. "Give me something of yours, please. A ring perhaps."

"Dear, it does sound like your ability is pickpocketing!"

Kathleen sighs, "Just give her something Jessamine."

"Why don't you?" she retaliates glaring at Kathleen.

My nostrils flare in slight anger and annoyance but I don't say anything. Luckily, Finley saves the day.

"No that will not work. If I took something of hers, I would become far too small and the dress would slip right off. It has to be something of yours seeing that this dress was made for you."

"Fine," she says removing one of her rings and handing it to Finley. "This better be worth the trouble."

Finley wraps her hand around the ring. At first nothing happens and then her features start to slowly change. I am breathless as I watch the process.

She opens her eyes looking around and Charlotte exclaims, "By the Angel!"

We all look at her with wide eyes and Jessamine finally pipes up, "Why did none of you tell me I have such a large nose?"

I roll my eyes and chuckle. We finish dinner in silence after Finley changes back to herself and returns the ring to Jessamine.

A/N: And finally, it won't come for awhile, but I do need to consider this. I'm attempting to decide who's POV's I should use for the Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess portions. For the Cl. Prince, I was thinking Finley, Will, and Jem or Finley, Kathleen, and Jem, please comment your opinions. For Cl. Princess I was thinking Kathleen, Finley, and Will because with how this was originally planned, all of their parts are important to how the story goes. But my question is, should I include Jem? Comment your opinions please! It would be greatly appreciated. I hope you guys enjoyed this part. Until next time my dear lovelies!