Chapter Thirty: Bat Ears

Finley's POV

Magnus winks and takes my hand in his, brings it to his face, and kisses it before saying, "My darling, Camille."

With his touch, images fly through my head of Camille and Magnus together, kissing, laughing, and touching in intimate ways. I gasp and say, "Oh!"

Magnus smirks and says, "Follow me. There's a room we can speak in." Before I can respond, he strides away and I follow quickly glancing over at Will who doesn't spare me a look. I huff a little and watch as Magnus produces a key and opens a door well hidden in a wall.

I follow him in and look around. The room is clearly a library, although rarely used which is obvious by the fine layer of dust over the numerous books and velvet curtains on the windows. Magnus lights twin fires with the snap of his fingers. Blue flames fly upward in the fireplaces making me gasp.

Magnus smirks and flings himself onto a table in the middle of the room laying on his side saying, "Have you never seen a warlock perform magic before?"

Will laughs bitterly and says, "Refrain from teasing her, Magnus. I'm sure Camille has told you she knows nothing of the Shadow World."

"Indeed," Magnus says looking over at me, "Which is surprising considering what you can. I saw your face when I kissed your hand. You know her thoughts and feelings don't you?" he says not pausing for me to say a thing, "I know warlocks who can change their form to anything or anyone they want but never to the extent you can."

"Charlotte says I don't have a mark of a warlock," I say defensively.

"You may not have bat ears but you're definitely a warlock," Magnus says. "Oh, you don't like that idea do you?"

"I just never thought I was anything other than human," I say looking at him.

"Leave her alone," says Will snapping. "I need to search the room and if you're not going to help, you might as well stop tormenting her."

Magnus whisper yells, "He's just jealous."

I shake my head and venture over to a book cased near the wall. I look over it and say with shock, "It's a bible. I thought vampires couldn't touch anything holy."

"It depends on the age of the vampire and what faith they have," says Magnus, "De Quincey actually collects bibles. It is the book with the most blood on it. Gives it a certain allure to vampires."

I glance to the door and frown, "Won't we cause some excitement being in here alone? There were quite a few vampires out there staring at us coming in."

"It's Will," says Magnus, "There's something off about him."

A/N: this has a lot of stuff from the book guys. Sorry that it follows so closely but I feel that it needs to follow the book here because it needs certain core events like this. I hope you enjoy! Also, you guys got me to the number 2 tag for #willherondale. Thanks so much! Also, I posted on my conversation board that every one hundred views this gets from this point on I will update. Until next time my lovelies!