Chapter Eight: Read It, Don't Throw It

I scowl in annoyance. "She is not here?"

Tessa comes back to the door. "No," she answers shaking her head.

I sigh and run a hand through my mass of curly red hair. "I will go find her."

I turn on my heel and walk down the hall checking the doors that are unlocked. I proceed like this until I reach the library.

I open the door and when I step inside I hear papers rustling. It was either Finley or Will.

I make my way to the source of the noise and find Finley looking curiously through a book.

"Finley!" I say startling her causing her to toss the book out of her hands.

It hits the floor and a few pages fall out. I frown and pick it up. "This is why you shouldn't be in here. Most of these books are very valuable and old. They shouldn't be touched without extreme care."

"I-I'm sorry," she stutters with a frown as I grab her wrist and tuck the book under my arm.

"Tessa wants you," I say leading the girl out.

"I can go find her on my own," she says as we make it out of the hallway.

I release her wrist and look at her quizzically. "Fine, but stay in your room the rest of the night."

She nods and says, "I will."

I watch as she walks back to her room and I wait until she goes around the corner.

I take the book out from under my arm and look at it. It was a book that contained runes. No wonder she was so curious about it.

A/N: sorry that this was so short. It's just a filler for now and I will soon be writing more. It'll be closer to the story line as soon as I get to read some of the book.