Chapter Twenty-One: Lady Belcourt

Will's POV

Maybe that is why he wanted me. Those words stuck in my head and I look at Tessa with pity. She is too young to face what she is facing, but then again, so was I.

"What are we going to do now?" I ask Charlotte.

Before she can answer, Sophie comes into the room and whispers something into Charlotte's ear.

Charlotte nods and thanks Sophie before asking for Finley and walking out.

I look at the girl and ask, "Where is she going?"

"If she wanted you to know she would have told you," she snaps at me and walks out.

I then look at Henry with the small chance that he may know. He scowls at us and says sadly, "She doesn't tell me much either, and I do not know why you all expect me to know anything."

Taken back by his abrasiveness I turn to my parabatai and motion for him to follow me. He follows close behind but he is not the only one that comes with me; Kathleen decides that she needs to be part of this, too.

We catch up quickly to Charlotte and Finley and I ask, "What is going on?"

"Lady Belcourt is here to talk with myself and Finley," she says.

"Why does she want to talk to me and who is Lady Belcourt?"

"A vampire ally of the Clave," I answer for Charlotte.

Finley is about to say something else when we get to the door of the sanctuary of the Institute.

We walk in and Finley takes one look at Camille and stops dead in her tracks. "She's so beautiful," she whispers.

"Hello, Lady Belcourt," Charlotte greets the vampiress in front of us. She motions to Finley, "This is Miss Finley Gray. Mr. James Carstairs is next to her, Miss Kathleen Branwell behind the two of them, and Mr.-"

"William Herondale, we've met before," she says.

A/N: Sorry for the wait and the short length. I just promised someone an update tonight and this is what I could produce. I'll try to get something up tomorrow or the day after.