Chapter Six: Yin Fen

I walk quietly back to my room which resides a few doors over from Jem's.

I just pass his room when I hear a loud crash sound past the door. I frown and turn around and open the door after giving a quick knock.

My eyes widen as a see a twitching Jem on the floor. Knowing what he needs, I quickly make my way around him and retrieve the ornate box containing the yin fen.

I open it to find there was only a small bit left causing me to frown. Will had just gotten him some a few days ago.

I kneel next to my old friend and open his mouth and I gently pour the white drug into his mouth before closing his mouth and stroking his throat to get him to swallow it.

I wait until he calms before letting my body relax slightly. I gently pick up the pale boy and lift him onto his bed and tuck him under his covers.

I look at his face for a moment appreciating the simple beauty he has. I sigh and turn around looking to see what had crashed down with Jem.

I see that his violin lying on the floor. He would never leave it there on purpose. I pick it up looking at the wood to make sure it wasn't damaged. I then test the strings to make sure they were also intact. I gently set it down onto his dresser.

I sit down next to him trying not to fall asleep before he wakes up.

I'm half conscious when I hear a moan next to me. My head snaps up and my eyes land onto Jem.

He opens his eyes groggily and closes them again. "Will? Will is that you?" he asks.

"Sorry to disappoint, Jem, but it's just me," I say with a small smile.

His eyes opens again and he looks at me and reaches out to take my hand. "You'd never disappoint me, Leen."

I smile at him and squeeze his hand gently. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired and a little stiff," he says stifling a yawn.

"I'll leave you to get some rest then," I say standing up.

"Sleep well, Leen," he says as I open the door.

"Sleep well, Jem."