Chapter Three: Saving Tessa

I rush after the girl whom had an immense amount of speed for a mundane. Finley stops abruptly in front on me and I look past her to see why she stopped. A young girl was struggling against a slightly twitching being.

I frown in confusion and move forward to release the girl from it. It continues to twitch as its eye pops out revealing cogs like a clock.

It malfunctions and releases the girl who rushes over with tears running down her pale and distraught face. She hugs Finley tightly.

"We need to go," she whispers looking over at me slightly fearfully.

"I won't hurt you. Come on," I say walking in front of them back to the stairs.

We get down to the second floor when a voice calls out, "Finley Gray, you naughty girl, where have you escaped to?"

Finley's eyes widen and she flinches at the sound of her name. "We need to get out of here. They're going to kill me!"

I nod and rush down the stairs with the girls following me. Somewhere along the way, Will catches up.

"Henry and Thomas should be around back," he says as we head to the front door.

I peer out and see a long line of carriages that weren't there before. "We need to find another way out. Is there a back door?" I ask Finley gently.

"I think so. I don't know where," she says frowning and glances down at her sister.

"Finley Gray!" the voice calls again. I glance at Will and dart towards the left checking to see if we could find a door.

We circle to the back of the house and I open a door that I guess is the way out to find a room full of bodies, cogs, and gears. Finley comes behind me and screams at the sight of the bodies.

Will looks in with a curious face seeing the bodies. "What's this?" he says going further into the room.

"Finley Gray, we found you," says a woman walking on with an evil smirk on her face.

My stomach falls to my feet while I think of a plan.