Chapter Twenty-Five: Problems

Will's POV

I walk back into the Sanctuary shocked to see Kathleen standing there in thought. I walk over to her and gently lay my hand on her shoulder making her turn around. "What are you thinking about?" I ask softly.

"Tessa," she answers looking me in the eyes, "She is still clueless and scared. Not to mention we all abandoned her with Henry. And on top of that, Finley just passed out and is in the Infirmary. There are so many questions that still need answered."

"The only thing we can do is wait for Finley to go to the party as Camille. We will get answers then," I say softly.

She nods and walks away, not saying another word and taking a small part of my fractured heart with her as I watch her leave.

I wait a few minutes before leaving, contemplating my own stupidity and the problems facing my fellow Shadowhunters.

Kathleen's POV

Ignoring the sadness washing over me, I make my way back to Charlotte's office. I arrive to see Tessa and Henry looking at something floating in the air over Charlotte's desk. "What is that?" I ask, startling Henry.

"It looks like a letter," whispers Tessa. She steps forward, takes it out of the air, and hands it to me. "It's addressed to you."

I open the envelope and pull out the paper folded inside. I unfold it and read it feeling increasingly nauseous with each line. When I reach the end, I gasp in shock.

I exit the room quickly and start running in abandon not knowing where I am going next until I arrive at Will's door and start knocking. No answer reaches me, but I go inside to his empty room. I sit down on his bed and start crying, begging him to show up in my mind with the words in my father's journal haunting me.