Chapter 3

Titus' POV

We had managed to cut the hour long trip in half the time. I managed to keep enough pressure on her side, but she was still losing blood from her other wounds.

We burst through the doors of the pack hospital, the doctor, a female, was waiting for us with a stretcher waiting, just like I had ordered. I laid my mate out on a stretcher and filled in the doctor with what I knew so far. She looked over her quickly and started barking out orders to the nurses around her. I went to follow them into the operating room but I was stopped by the doctor. I growled at her boldness.

"Alpha, I mean no disrespect but you're going to be in the way. She's going to be in a lot of pain and I don't need you getting protective of her and not letting anyone near her. Now wait outside the hall while I try to save your mate."

I stared at her, gobsmacked at the way she just dared to talk to me, but I knew she was right so I sat in a chair in the hall and waited.

It had been two hours already and I was quickly losing my patience. What the fuck is taking so long?

Just as I was about to barge into the room anyway, a startled nurse opened the door. She quickly composed herself and waved me into the room.

"You can go in and see her now."

I didn't bother responding, I just walked into the room, my eyes immediately falling on the girl in the bed with all kinds of wires and tubes coming out of her. My heart hurt seeing her in this state. I looked over to the doctor and winced at the amount of blood covering her clothes.

"How's she doing doc?"

She looked at me sadly. "For now she's stable but the next 24 hours are crucial. I put her in to a medically induced coma, it's best for her so her body can focus on healing itself."

I growled in annoyance, she wasn't telling me the whole truth.

"What are you not telling me? If you're as smart as I think you are, you should know better than to lie to me, doctor."

She gulped audibly.

"Well alpha, she has minimal chances of survival right now, looking at the bruising, scars and her x-rays I can tell that this isn't the first time she's been beaten within an inch of her life."

I growled loudly at her statement but she continued.

"Alpha, these is one other thing that I think you should know."

"What is it?" I all but growled out.

"Well, she shows signs of extreme sexual abuse."

I felt nothing but rage consume me, that animalistic feeling came back and I quickly left the room, then the hospital, shifting before I was completely out the doors. I was in a blind rage and I knocked down everything in my path.

I ran for hours before I was calm enough to go back to the hospital. When I made it back, Michael was there, a change of clothes in his hands. He handed them to me and I dressed there on the spot.

"Wanna tell me what got you so angry, is the Luna okay?"

I didn't have it in me to be angry anymore, it was replaced with guilt. I kept quiet until we were outside of her room. I quietly opened the door and walked in, Michael following. I sat in the chair next to her bed and took in her appearance. She was absolutely beautiful. Her long, curly dark brown hair cascaded over the white pillows, although she looked lifeless, her wheat colored skin was almost glowing, her long lashes brushed her bruised cheeks, she was skinny, too skinny, she was skin and bones, like she hadn't been fed in a long time. I wanted nothing more than to see what color her eyes were, I imagined they were a deep chocolate brown, which was the color I always imagined for my mate.