Chapter 4

Titus' POV

Another week had passed and it was the night of the ball. I was already dressed in my tux and I looked like a real king right now. Since this was a formal event it was required that I wear my royal robes and crown. I wasn't a fan of the robe so I ditched it and only wore the crown.

I still had a few minutes to spare before I had to make my entrance so I decided to stop by the hospital to check in on my mate. When I got there I was surprised to see that she had most of the tubes removed. All that were left was the IV, the feeding tube, and the oxygen tube in her nose. She looked much better today and I took that as a sign that she wouldn't be asleep for much longer, maybe another week or two I hoped.

My watch beeped, telling me that it was time for me to go and I sighed, I dint want to leave her, I never did. I leaned and kissed her on the forehead like always and made my way out of the room.

I made my way to the castle that we used for formal events like this and stood behind the double doors that I would walk through for my introduction.

"And now, the guest of honor, the alpha king, Titus Lockwood!"

The double doors opened and I made my way down the stairs. I acknowledged the polite applause with a wave and I made my way down the marble staircase.

Everyone went back to mingling and o looked through the crowd for Michael. I found him by the bar, holding a beer.

"Hey man, what's going on?"

"I hate these things, I won't be staying long, I want to see her before I go to bed."

"You're already whipped man and you haven't even spoken to her yet."

I laughed at his joke, but I knew he was right, I was already whipped.

We had been talking for about an hour when Michael's face drained itself of all color. I followed his gaze across the ballroom and rage bubbled in my chest. What the fuck. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, Tatiana was across the room talking to some women but that wasn't what was bothering me. What was bothering me was the fact that she had a crown on her head, the crown made for the queen. I was enraged at the fact that my mates crown was on her head.

I all but ran over to her and she had the nerve to smile at me when she finally noticed me closing in on her.

"Hi honey, we were just talking about the wedding preparations."

I ignored her comment and let out a low growl at her.

"Why the fuck is that crown on your head? You are not my queen and you never will be."

She pouted and stomped her foot.

"Yes I will be the queen, your mother said so."

I gave her my coldest glare and I snatched the crown from her head.

"You will never rule beside me, I don't give a shit what my mother promised you I'm the king and what I say goes. Don't you ever touch anything that belongs to my mate."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Well Titus, your mother says that your mate is in a coma so she isn't exactly fit to rule beside you."

"Don't you ever address me by my name, you are not my equal Tatiana and you will respect that. No-"

Just then a breathless Michael ran up to me.

"Titus, she's awake and she's freaking out, you need to get to her right now."

I shoved the crown into his hands along with mine.

"Put this in the crown box in my room and lock it, keep the key on you, meet me at the hospital when you're done."

With that I took off full speed to the hospital, I was there in a matter of seconds. I took the familiar route to her room. The usually quiet hallway was filled with the sounds of yelling and the sound of someone crying nearly brought me to my knees. My mate was crying and I intended to stop it.

I was shocked at what I saw when I entered the room. A team of doctors and nurses were crowded in the corner of the room all talking at once to a small form that was curled up in a ball. My mate.

"Enough!"

There was complete silence after my command and everyone looked in my direction.

"Get out, all of you!"

I knew they were just trying to help but I couldn't take the thought of them being the reason that my mate was crying. I turned back to the corner where my mate was curled in and was met with my mate's beautiful, tear filled brown eyes.