Chapter 25

Amina's POV

It was a month after our date that it happened. Our false sense of security was shattered in less than a minute and no one ever saw it coming, and someone almost died.

*flashback*

"Soooo when are you going to tell your best friends about your date with Titus?"

I felt myself blush at Elaine's question. It had been almost a month since our first date and I'd been pretty tight lipped about it because I wanted something that only Titus and I would know about, just a little something that we could reflect on as a couple.

A couple, holy shit.

Titus asked me to be his girlfriend a few days after our date and I decided to take the risk. I mean we were already mates, it seemed like the right thing to do. Since then he'd rarely left my side, standing by his word to protect me and to be there for me. It was wonderful. He was always there to help me with whatever I needed and that really came in handy when the nightmares started. The nightmares from the day of the attack still haunted me, I could still feel his hands on me, his breath harsh on my neck, the painful grip of his hands on my body. They wouldn't go away any time soon but it was nice to have someone to lean on and bring me back to reality. Titus has quickly become my rock, something that I didn't know I needed until I had it. I had been talking to Avery since our situations were similar and as always she was happy to help. She was my safety net, she helped me feel normal for the first time in my life. She didn't coddle me like everyone else did and I'd like to think that having her as someone else to ground me was the reason I wasn't wallowing and jumping at every loud noise. Between Avery, Titus, and even a little bit from the people that welcomed me with open arms from the day I set foot on the territory I considered them friends and I knew they considered me one too.

**

I smiled shyly up at Elaine and Avery.

"I- I just wanted us to have something that just the two of us can share."

I was met with simultaneous "Awwww!" from the both of them.

"Aww Mina, that's so cute and we totally understand. As long as you two had fun that's all that matters."

"Yeah we don't want to pressure you into anything, but maybe just a little hint on how it went?"

I smiled at Avery's curiosity.

"I had a really good time." I blushed.

And it was true, I really did have a good time for my first date ever and I hoped that we would have many more in the future.

"Okay guys, eat up I've tried something new."

Avery sat three plates down filled with some kind of pasta.

"It looks really good Avery."

"Thanks, I hope it tastes as good as it looks. Amina, can you grab some silverware? Elaine, you can get drinks, and I'll bring the food to the table.

Once we settled I all but moaned at the flavors that burst in my mouth.

"This is delicious, Avery."

She made a face.

"I don't know, mine tastes weird."

"Tastes fine to me too."

Avery huffed a little.

"Maybe I just have too many flavors going on in my mouth, I did taste the brownies I made as well, I'll just wash it down."