Chapter 14

Amina's POV

I was awakened by someone gently shaking me. I opened my eyes and was more than a little bit shocked to see a young girl about four inches away from my face. I let out a little shriek of surprise and she in return let out an equally startled, yet much louder shriek. Not more than a few seconds later, I heard feet thundering up the stairs and a wide eyed Titus and Greyson crashed through the door, eyes scanning for any danger. When they found none Titus eyes landed on me, seeming to not have seen the little girl yet.

"What's wrong? Why were you screaming?"

But before I could speak the little girl pooped up.

"I think I scared her Unca Ti."

A look of relief flashed across his face.

"Sweetheart, you can't go around scaring people like that." Greyson spoke up.

"Sorry Daddy, I didn't mean to."

Daddy? Greyson has a kid?

"It's alright sweetie."

Titus walked over to me and sat on the edge of the bed.
"You okay?"

I knew he was making sure that I hadn't had any flashbacks.

"Yes, I'm fine."

I gave him an almost nonexistent smile, just to soothe him. He looked at me a little longer and gave a small nod as if assuring himself that I wasn't lying.

"Well then Amina, I'd like you to meet my niece Amara, Amara this is my mate Amina."

Her eyes lit up at my name.

"Hey my name starts with an A too! That's so cool!"

I smiled back at her, I was beginning to feel tense but not from fear, I just wasn't very good at meeting new people and I still wasn't one hundred percent comfortable around Greyson. I think Titus sensed this because he looked over at his brother, mind linking him I guessed. Greyson nodded and sent me a small smile.

"Come on Amara, let Uncle Titus and Aunt Amina talk."

The little girl turned to me.

"Can we play later Auntie Amina?"

I didn't want to disappoint her so I gave her a kind smile and nodded. She smiled showing all of her teeth showing that she was missing two of them and ran over to her father, chattering excitedly as they left the room.

I looked over at Titus who was already looking at me. Over the last couple of days I had grown to be more comfortable around him, but sometimes he still made me a little nervous but I was still working on becoming normal.

Neither of us spoke and the silence was making me uneasy, so I decided to speak.

"I-I didn't know Greyson has a daughter."

He gave a light chuckle.

"Yeah, he met his mate young, he and his mate were only sixteen when Amara was born. My little brother has had to grow up a lot in four years but he's done a good job."

"He seems to love her a lot."

I felt my voice waver at that. I know it's silly, but I found myself getting jealous of a four year old because she still has a father, a good one, that loves and cares about her enough to not abandon her in some unfamiliar territory and never go back for her. I felt tears prick my eyes as I fought against the urge to cry, I was tired of crying, I've cried every day since I was six years old and I'm tired of it. But even though I didn't want to, a traitorous tear slipped down my cheek.