Chapter 7

There were stories that were told about the alpha king that had children cowering in fear. They said that he would skin his enemies alive and wore their skin as a robe and showed no remorse on anyone. They said he was ruthless and that the devil himself feared him. It is said that he bathes in the blood of those he slaughters and makes use of every body part that he rips from those who defy him. He gouges out one eye at a time so that his victim can watch as he eats the other, he rips the teeth from their mouths with his bare hands. He is merciless in his punishments. It's his hobby they say.

Although I'm not sure if all of what they say is true but their physical description of him is spot on. Hair black as night, cold blue eyes that could see through your soul, wide hands and shoulders, a broad chest, practically a giant. But the thing that intrigued everyone the most were the tattoos that covered his body, some say that these marking make him immortal and that they were placed there by the Moon Goddess as a warning to her people of the evil that filled this man.

**

I wanted nothing more than to run as fast as I could, but I was rooted to my spot on the bed from the pure shock that I was in at the moment. I couldn't comprehend how I had gone from one abusive alpha to one that was immensely more powerful and sadistic and could easily kill me with one hit from his massive hands.

I had resigned myself to my fate. I would die here and this man would be the one to kill me.

I didn't realize that tears were falling from my eyes until I tasted the salty liquid on my lips. He reached out his hand and I flinched back reflexively. A look I couldn't decipher crossed his face but he didn't falter in his motion. With his eyes locked on mine his big hands gently wiped the tears from my cheeks. And a serious look took over his face.

"Amina, I need you to listen and listen well, I know that you have been through a lot and I know what that son of a bitch Tony put you through, but I need you to know that despite anything that you have ever heard about me, I will never lay a harmful hand on you, I swear to the Moon Goddess."

I didn't say anything, I just stared at him, confused. He reached out again and gently grabbed my hands, I felt those sparks again.

"Do you feel that, the sparks?"

I nodded.

"Do you know what mates are?"

I shook my head.

"Do you know what a soul mate is?"

I nodded confused at what he was getting at with this.

"Well mates are pretty much exactly that. Mates would do anything for one another, no matter what. Mates are meant to love each other unconditionally and they share an unbreakable bond that not even death can break."

I listened to his small speech about mates, but I was very confused. Alpha Tony always called me his mate and he didn't do any of the stuff that Titus had just described.

"The first thing that alerts a wolf that they have found their mate is their scent, it's the most mouthwatering scent you will ever smell in your life. Next is eye contact once you lock eyes with your mate it's impossible to look away. Then, there is my favorite part, the sparks when you touch."

"Amina do you know what I'm trying to tell you?"

I shook my head.

"You're my mate Amina."

I was very confused and I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"What's the matter sweetheart?"

I was afraid to speak, afraid that I would anger him but I really needed an explanation so I gather what little courage I had and opened my mouth.

"I- I can't be your mate."

He looked slightly angered at my words so I stopped talking.

"What do you mean you can't be my mate, you are without a doubt, mine."

I shook my head again.

"A-Alpha Tony said that I was his mate."

Any gentleness he had before was thrown out the window at that moment. He let out a deafening roar and harshly grabbed my arms. I winced in pain, his grip was really hurting me.

"You are MINE! Do you understand me?"

His eyes had gone from a beautiful blue to a terrifying gold and his already deep voice became impossibly deeper when he spoke. I could feel his claws extending and digging into my flesh and tears streamed down my face. I was terrified.

"Answer me!"

I let out a whimper and this seemed to infuriate him even more, he reminded me of Alpha Tony right now.

Before either of us could speak again, the door burst open and a man along with the guys I had met earlier that day stood in the door, shocked at what they were seeing. The man that I hadn't met yet spoke up.

"Titus, let her go!"

Instead of letting me go he pulled me closer and I saw his canines elongating.

"MINE!"

"Yes Titus, she's yours but you're hurting her man, look at what you're doing."

He paid no heed to what the man was telling him because he had already dug his canines into the place where my neck and shoulder met. I screamed out in pain. He was forced off me and the guys from earlier were on top of him holding him down, screaming for him to calm down.

"You need to calm down Titus, look at your mate, look at what you did to her, she's hurt."

He stopped moving in an instant and the guys slowly moved off of him. And his now blue eyes met my tear-filled brown eyes. He looked away from me, and looked at the men who crowded the room.

"Get out!"

"Titu-"

"I said get the fuck out!"

Sparing me a glance they all left the room, leaving me with this terrifying alpha.

I clutched my bleeding neck and scooted back on the floor, trying to get as far away from him as I could. I was waiting for the burning to start, that was what happened whenever Alpha Tony bit me there when he forced himself on me.

Titus' face had gone from angry to what looked like sadness as he looked at my bloody form and then down at his hands that were covered in my blood.

"Oh goddess, I'm so sorry sweetheart, I'm so fucking sorry."

He quickly made his way over to where I had backed myself against the wall and got on his knees in front of me. I had resigned myself to the fact that he was just like Alpha Tony and I let the numbness come over me. I felt nothing but the throbbing coming from my arms and neck.

I made no reaction when he picked me up from where I was sitting and setting me on the bed, apologizing the entire time. I didn't show any reaction as he cleaned my wounds, ignoring the sting of the antiseptic he used. I showed no reaction when he changed me out of the bloody shirt and into the new one.

"Amina, sweetheart I am so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you. My wolf took over and I couldn't get him back under control in time, I'm so sorry."

I made no attempt to answer him, I had already given up. He was a monster just like Alpha Tony was, and I would behave the way he would expect me to, submissive, emotionless.

I would be the empty shellI had been since I was a child because I was once again trapped by a monster.