Chapter 15

Titus' POV
I had had enough of my mother's behavior, her constant digs at my mate were beginning to really piss me off. I was about to tell her to leave when the doorbell rang. A familiar scent filled my nose and anger rose inside me, I told that bitch to never show her face in my house again. I heard Michael growl low in his chest, he hated Tatiana just as much as I did.
"Hi guys, sorry I'm late."
My mother rushed over to her greeting her as if they were best friends.
"What are you doing here?"
I growled.
A smug look crossed my mother's face.
"Darling that's no way to greet your fiancée."
I heard the shocked gasp of my mate next to me. Just as I was about to turn around and explain myself my mother spoke again.
"Aww did Titus fail to tell you that he has a fiancée? Silly him."
Tatiana spoke next.
"Yes I'm his fiancée, we've been engaged for a while now. I told you that I'm the queen not you runt."
At the a rage like no other took over me and before I could stop myself, I jumped over the table, hellbent on ripping my own mother's throat out.
But before I could reach her I felt two people tackle me to the ground.
"I'm going to fucking rip their goddamn heads off! Get the fuck off me!"
I was growling and thrashing around, trying to get free.  I could feel my wolf crawling to the surface. Once he was out there would be no stopping me.
I fought against them and I was almost free until I felt several more people on top of me. I faintly heard my father barking out orders.
"Get them out of here, he won't calm down until they're gone. Someone get Amina in here now!"
Amina.
The sound of her name sobered me up almost instantly.
"Get the fuck off me! Amina! Amina!"
I called out to my mate, hoping that I hadn't scared her off.
"Get off me I need my mate."
They slowly got off of me all of them keeping one eye on me and one on my mother and Tatiana who were in the corner crying as if they were the victims.
I looked around for my mate hoping that I hadn't scared her off. I felt my heart drop when I didn't see her in the kitchen, her scent was faint but it was there.
"How long were you trying to calm me down?"
My father answered.
"Son you were out of it for almost two hours."
I hadn't gotten to that level of anger in years and it's never taken longer than twenty minutes for me to calm down.
"Where is she?"
"Who?"
"My mate, where's my mate, where is she?"
Everyone looked around nervously. Avery spoke up.
"Titus I'm sorry I think she left. I saw her leave the kitchen but I didn't go to check on her."
I didn't even respond to her. I took off full speed up the stairs. Once I made it to our wing I still didn't sense her but that didn't stop me from tearing the whole thing apart looking for her. She wasn't here. She's gone.
A rage like no other took over my body and I stormed down the stairs back to the dining room.
Before anyone could react I had my mother cornered and I looked down at her with hatred burning in my eyes.
"You did this! She's gone because of you!"
I felt my claws and canines extending.
"Titus man you need to calm down, we have to find her worry about them later."
Normally Michael's words would have brought me to my senses but nothing could calm me down at this point. My mate was gone and it was her fault.
"Titus honey, its for the best she was never going to be good enough to be the queen. I told you that when you brought her here that she wasn't any good."
"That isn't for you to decide! Fate wanted us to be together and you should know better than to intervene! There's a mad man out there that's already tried to kill her what do you think will happen if he gets his hands on her? You say you did this for me but did you ever think about what it would do to me to be without her?"
I walked over the broken plates and cups that still littered the floor, intending to go out and hope she didn't get too far when my mother spoke again.
"Well I wish that man would've killed her, she's better off dead anyway."
That was the final straw.
I turned to attack her but a searing pain shot through my chest and I went crashing to the floor.
"Arrhg!"
My father rushed to my side.
"Son what's wrong?"
I was in too much pain to do anything other than claw at my chest a scream. It felt as if someone had shoved their hand through my chest and ripped my heart out. Then the burning came I felt like I was on fire as I writhed around on the floor, the sharp glass cutting into my body. I let out an agonizing howl because I knew this pain only meant one thing. Either my mate had crossed over into another territory and our incomplete mate bond had been broken, or she was dead.
I prayed for the former as darkness surrounded me. The last thing I saw was the pristine white ceiling.
And then there was nothing but darkness.
------------------------------------------------------
Just a lil something to get another pov for this scene l. There should be a longer chapter up in a few days since I have some downtime. As always don't forget to vote, comment, and share.
PEACE