9: Haunted Memories

Here's a long chapter to apologize for being so late on updating! You're welcome.

(Killian's POV)

We were all gathered around the table, just my parents, my brother and I, for dinner. Everyone was happy, talking about funny or exciting events that took place that day with smiles on our faces. Although I was only four at the time, and didn't understand much of what they were talking about, I was still happy. I could still taste the chicken that my mother had cooked up. She was quite beautiful, my mother. Long dark hair that reached her waist, soft green eyes and a smile that could light up a room. Everything was perfect.

And then the dream changed.

It was now a year later and my mother lay in bed, quite ill. Her dark hair had greyed, her once soft green eyes were now dull with bags underneath them, her face had gone pale and her lips that used to curl up into that perfect smile of hers, were dried up and cracked.

My father was at her side holding her frail hand in his, bags under his eyes as well. My brother tried to put on a brave face, which I'm assuming was mostly for my sake, but there were tears in his eyes. His arm was draped around my shoulder as we stood on the other side of mother. I, being of only 5 now, was confused as to why everyone was so sad and why my mother no longer left her room, or even her bed for that matter.

Then my mother closed her eyes and I heard my father mutter something before beginning to shake her. "NO!" He screamed. I looked up at Liam with tears pouring down his eyes and back at my mother. "Mommy?" I asked. My father was crying hysterically and my brother began to take me out of the room. "No!" I shouted. "Mommy! Mommy wake up!" Tears had now began to pour down my cheeks as well before Liam dragged me out of the room.

The dream changed again.

I was looking out the window of the Jolly Roger at the ocean, the calming waves. "What do you say Liam? You want some company when you report to the admiralty?" I asked before I turned around to see my brother, struggling to breath on the ground. "Liam?" I ask. Realization soon hit me. "No! No, Liam!"

I ran over to him and pulled him up onto my lap. "No, no, no, no. Help! HELP!" I screamed. I looked at my brother and whispered, "Liam." Before I burst into tears and whimpered, my head against the wall.

The dream changes yet again.

I watched as the crocodile plunged his hand into Milah's chest and I screamed, "MILAH!" before the croc waved his other hand and soon I found myself tied to the mast of the Jolly Roger. I struggled against the ropes but there was no use. He pulled out her glowing heart and held it in his hand.

"NO!" I shouted and finally untangled myself. I rushed over to catch her before she hit the floor and she was now in my arms. Her hand came up and brushed against my cheek before she whispered, "I love you."

Then the damned crocodile crushed her heart before it was nothing but ashes and she gasped before her eyelids fluttered shut. Tears filled my eyes as I laid her down gently onto the deck and moved my hand across her face before anger took over and I shouted, "You may be more powerful now, demon, but you're no less a coward!"