16: Finding Hope

(Killian's POV)
After a while of reading countless books, I grow frustrated. I slam the book down onto the table with a grunt, causing Belle to jump.

"This is useless! There's nothing in any of these books that can help us!" I stand up and start pacing. I run a hand through my hair and sigh.

"I know it seems hopeless but we'll find something. There has to be something in here that can help us."

"Really? Because right now I can't seem to find anything!" Taking a deep breath, I try to calm myself down. "I'm sorry Belle, I didn't mean to yell at you, you've done nothing but help us. It's just, Emma's out there in the middle of nowhere and she's alone when she should be with her family. She shouldn't even be in this mess to begin with, she's done nothing wrong! It's me who should be punished, not her. It's my mistake and somehow, she has to pay the price."

I let out another sigh and sit down, burying my head in my heads.

"I know that you must feel pretty guilty about this, and for that I'm sorry. But you're not the one doing this to her, Liam is. Ye, you've made some mistakes in the past, some bigger than others, but you're a better man now, you've changed."

"God, you sound like Emma."

"It's true! You've tried so hard to earn forgiveness and you have earned it. It's Liam that's threatening the town, it's Liam causing all this trouble, not you."

"Yes but I'm the one who sent him down this dark path in the first place."

"So then it's your job to stop him and make things right with him. He is your brother after all."

"I guess you're right. Thanks Belle, that did make me feel slightly better about this whole mess."

"Any time." She smiles and I do too. My phone begins to buzz in my pocket and I pull it out. I look at the caller and accept the call.

"Hello mate."

"Where are you?" David's voice comes through the phone.

"The library why?"

"Regina said she needed to talk to all of us, she said to meet her at her vault."

"Alright I'll be right there." I hang up the phone and place it back into my pocket. "Sorry Belle but that was David. I have to go."

"What happened?"

"I'm not sure, but I'll let you know if anything important happened."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye." Exiting the library, I make my way towards Regina's vault.

***********************************************

As I enter the cemetery, I'm reminded of how much I hate them. There's too much pain here, brings up too many emotions that should be kept down. I push open the doors to the vault and begin my descend down the stairs. I reach the bottom and see that I'm the last one there.

"Late as always," Regina says and rolls her eyes. I squint at her.

"Well I'm here so what's going on?" Everyone looks to Regina.

"He payed me a visit when I first arrived down here." Everyone was surprised to hear that.

"What'd he want?" Snow asks.

"He wanted to make deal. The deal was that if I left town, he would allow me to bring Robin, Henry and Roland along with me, out of harms way," Regina explains.