☆28☆

I woke up, struggling to breathe from a heavy weight laying across my chest. My eyes flutter open and I saw the familiar cat, sleeping peacefully on me.

"Smee?" I ask, petting the fur ball. He purrs loudly, snuggling up against me and I chuckle slightly.

"Smee, what are you doing in here?" I hear Meg ask and I look up, seeing her standing in the door way with a small smile on her face.

"Morning sleepy head." She smiles, walking in as Smee jumps down off of me.

"What time is it?" I ask, looking around for my phone before remembering what happened.

"Around 7-ish." She says, taking a seat at the end of my bed as I throw my covers off of me.  

"What are you looking for?" She asks as I dip down, looking under my bed to find nothing but emtpiness.

"The duffle bag I left here for emergency sleepovers." I tell her, sitting back up.

 "You took it home the last time, remember?" She asks and I groan before nodding.

"Can I borrow some of your clothes then?" I ask and I watch as her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Some pajama's?" She asks and I shake my head.

"No, work clothes." I say, taking my hair out of its messy bun and pulling it into a ponytail. 

"You're not going into work today." She says, looking at me like I was insane and I huff.

"Meg, I'm fine. I just-" "No Graceland, you're not." She snaps, cutting me off "You're anything but fine, so don't give me that bullshit." She says, narrowing her eyes at me. I open my mouth, but she plows on through.

"Gavin had to go into work early because he scared to see you Gracie. Scared. Once we got home last night, he put you in your room and came back out sobbing." She says and I feel my heart ache, my eyes averting to the floor.

"And poor Ryan, he had no idea what to do. He called Gavin, doing 70 in a 45, trying to figure out what the hell was going on and when we finally told him. ." Her voice trails off and I feel tears well up in my eyes..

"I was just so angry." I say, sniffling as small tears prickled down my cheeks.

"So angry at myself, at the situation, at the world. I-I couldn't take it anymore, and I thought-" I cut myself off, shaking my head as the sob in my throat broke free.

Meg scoots over, placing her arm over my shoulders and I flinch slightly, making her instantly pull her arm away. I huff, slamming my fist into the bed in frustration.

"Look at me Meg! I cant even have someone touching me without flinching away." I practically yell, standing up from where I was sitting.

"Look at these bruises-" I pull up my sleeves then my pant legs, showing off the purple hands prints covering my wrists and my ankles as she grimaced at the sight "-it hasn't even been two days." I mumble, my voice wavering.

"I tried so hard to act like it didn't bother me, but it does. It bothers me so damn much because I always told myself I wasn't gonna end up like that girl." I cry, gesturing my hand to no one in particular.

"That girl that went out with her friends and never came back. That girl on Law and Order who was found unconscious on the street after being raped, but here I am." I chuckle, but there was no trace of humor behind it.

"You're right Meg, I'm not fine. But I don't think I'll be fine ever again." I say and I watch as her eyes leave mine and look to the door. I turn around and see Ryan, teary eyed standing in the door way.