☆32☆

His eyes widen with horror as I slowly bring my hand up to cover my gaping my mouth. Had he really said that? Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me, there's no way.

"Gracie, I . . " He starts, but slowly gives up, not knowing the right words to say. He did say it. He told me he was in love with me.

Silence engulfs the two of us, making the ringing in my ears seem a lot louder than it actually was. I avert my eyes to the floor, hoping to decipher the feelings flying through my mind, but my heart pounding against my rib cage made that almost impossible. 

Our eyes meet once more, but this time he takes a step toward me. Every inch of my body told me to run, to leave the situation while I could. So that's what I did. 

"Graceland, wait! Please, I-" He tries as I run over to the front door and pull it open, but he didn't get to finish before I slammed it shut behind me.

"FUCK!" He yells loudly from the other side of the door before hearing what I think what his fist collide with the wall.

I take my chance and run down the hall where the elevator stood, open and ready for me to use. Entering the five by five room, I continuously mash the lobby button before the doors began to close. I watch as my front door open and Michael walks out, he looks down the hall and darts in my direction, but the doors close on him.

I let out a shaky breath I didn't realize I was holding, falling back against the cold elevator wall. The ringing in my ears was now replaced by the sound of my pounding heart, which I couldn't really tell if that was better or worse.

Soon enough, the elevator doors slowly open and I walk out into the lobby, pulling my hair up into a messy bun whist doing so. I quickly made my way outside before running over to the edge of the street.

"Taxi!" I yell, l waving my hand out into the street. Luckily, I live in the heart of Austin so three came to a screeching halt.

I got into one and quickly gave him Gavin's address, and as we started to pull away, I watch Michael burst out of the apartment complex. He looks around for moment before holding his head in his hands. I avert my eyes away, feeling guilty for leaving him like that, but  and tried to calm my unsteady breathing with only one thought running through my mind.

Finally, the driver pulls up to the front of Gavin's house. In my haste, I simply shove some cash into the drivers hand before hopping out of the car. I ran up the porch, pushing the door bell multiple times before I hear the lock click.

"Graceland? What-" but I didn't let Gavin finish, shoving past him into his house.

Meg gives me a smile as I walk into the living room, but her expression quickly changes when I plop down onto the couch next to her, out of breath.

"I-I didn't know where else to go, but I need advice." I say, pushing some loose hair out of my face. 

"Woah, honey calm down for a second. Are you alright?" Meg asks, placing a hand gently on my shoulder as Gavin walks in.

"Did someone hurt you? Did-" "No! Nothing like that, its just . . Michael told me he loved me!" I blurt, not being able to sugarcoat, not even knowing if I could.

"You're having a laugh" Gavin says, crossing his arms over his chest as Meg continues to look at me with a shocked look.

"Do you think I'd kid about this? I mean, for fuck sakes. I've had a crush on the man since I walked into the damn office now he's married and he's in love with me!" I yell, not even believing my own words.

"Wait, you like him? Bloody hell, where have I been?" Gavin mutters to himself as Meg speaks up.

"You sure he didn't mean it in a different way?" Meg asks and I simply shake my head, sighing.