1. Promotion

D E J A

"Young, can you come into my office?" My chief- Captain Jackson spoke.

I was afraid he would bring up the file that I turned in late or something, instead he smiled as I walked in.

I got all giddy as he told me that I was being promoted to the second floor of our department, where all of the really crazy crimes happen. Mostly homicide.

"You'll be walking under a Detective Roger Murtaugh, until he feels you're ready to take the test." He said, happy for me.

I thanked him repeatedly as I thought about actually moving up.

The test he was referring to was the Detective test, the test all cops dream of passing.

I packed up my stuff quickly, a few jealous co-workers stiffly congratulated me.

I went upstairs to see it looked newer than the first floor, but the mayor favored this precinct and this floor because they solve the murders and other intense crimes very quickly.

I set my stuff at an empty desk, that was right beside another one.

I was called into my new Chiefs office quickly, seeing as I'm like the rookie right now.

I walked in, fixing my jacket because I was in causal wear since I was expecting to be running around today.

"Officer Young, this is Det. Murtaugh, you'll be his right hand wo-man." My new captain said as I shook the mans hand, "It's a real honor to meet you, Detective." I joked because my dad used to be a cop, him and Detective Roger Murtaugh were partners so Murtaugh was like my weird uncle, he's actually my godfather because he was my dads best friend, he even spoke at my dads funeral.

"Detective, your new partner will be in today, Detective Mar-" He was cut off by his radio going off, "We've got a 1-12 in progress, hostages and shots fired." We heard some reported a robbery at a big bank.

"Looks like you get a little taste of what being a real cop is like." Murtaugh said as we both left quickly.

I drove with him in his car, we got out and crouched behind a police car as we listened to an officer, "We've got about three armed men with 20 hostages inside, they beat up a security guard pretty bad. Oh, and they're demanding a helicopter." .. On a busy intersection in downtown L.A.

Murtaugh started giving orders since he's been in this line of work for years.

"We should probably move now while we've got them on surprise." A man said, we looked over at the man who just stood near a building, leaning on it because he was real cool guy.

He was extremely handsome, I'll give him that.

"Excuse me?" Murtaugh said as the man walked up to us, he came and stood beside me with Murtaugh on the other side of me.

"Look, I'm not telling you how to do your job, but it's not exactly oceans eleven in there." The handsome man spoke again.

"Sorry, I didn't-" He said reaching his hand out for me to shake, he smiled over at me as I placed mine in his.

Gunshots rang through the streets as one of the armed men held a hostage, demanding a helicopter.

I hid as the man stayed standing, he pulled me up with the hand he still held.

"Do you trust me?" He smirked and I shook my head no, "I don't know you." I said and he smiled, pulling me out of the safety spot behind a car.