20. Big flashlight store

D E J A

"Oh my goodness, is he alright?" I laughed as I talked to Charlie via Bluetooth while she was at some tropical island and I was driving home after another night of late work- nothing still.

"Yeah, they said the snake wasn't venomous but he claims he's dying." She laughed and I smiled.

"Oh shoot, my phone has two percent!" I whined because I'm still far away from my apartment and I drove a weird way that was desolate and forestry which freaked me out because it was dark out and I just got done investigating into a man who skins women.

"Oh sure, I bet you're just so jealous of me spending my time as a beach bum that you can't hear about how fantastic it is!" She laughed and I smiled, "Ha-ha, that's totally it!"

"Well, fine, jellybean. I love you and tell your boyfriend I miss his crude humor-" "He's not my boyfriend-" "You guys were matched 100% two days ago!-" The line disconnected as my phone died.

I scoffed before putting it in my back pocket, I turned on the radio to drowned out the eery silence.

As soon as I did, I lost control of my jeep with a loud pop and swerved off the road.

I breathed shakily as I slammed on the breaks as I went into a flat ditch, so I wasn't hurt or anything.

I calmed myself down before getting out and looking to see one of my tires popped.

I groaned loudly before I grabbed my keys from the ignition, I slammed my door with frustration before locking my jeep because I knew I had to leave it there for the night and walk the last few miles home.

I walked for ten minutes, trying to turn on my phone for a long enough time to call Roger or Trish but it was useless.

Of course I don't bring my gun on this one day and I get stranded in the creepiest place.

My phone was sucked dry- just like me.

I folded my arms over my chest as hugged my red sweater close to my body.

I started to dress causally again, getting tired of wearing my nicest dresses everyday.

Although I kept one of my best dresses out of my reach, not wanting to waste it on work.

My thoughts were interrupted about my wardrobe when I saw my shadow, too solid for the moon to provide.

I looked over my shoulder to see a pair of headlights coming down the road, I looked ahead quickly, hoping it wasn't the killer I've been chasing these last few weeks.

I couldn't see what kind of car it was or anything, but when it slowed down behind me my heart raced like thunder.

"Car troubles?" He spoke and I recognized his Texan accent instantly.

I stopped in my tracks, "Seriously? You scared the hell out of me!" I said giving Riggs an annoyed look as I looked back at him to see his smile was evident.

"You suck." I shook my head, trying not to smile.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked as I started walking again, his pickup drove beside me slowly.