49. Lawmen pt.2

D E J A

"Have you seen them? I mean he's like the hottest guy I've ever seen-- a-and she's beautiful." I heard one of the Juniors ramble in the break room.

I raised my eyebrows with a few files against my chest, "They're perfect together, or apart, but mostly together." She spoke but I didn't know her name.

"Yeah, and they have a pretty little girl who looks exactly like them.. they call her Danger, like, who does that?" Lexie said and it sounded like her mouth was full.

"Deja Young has a daughter? I call bull, she doesn't have a mom bod." The boy I didn't know spoke.

I only knew Jackson and Lexie and there was another girl who was a red head and then a brunette boy who seemed distant.

"Yeah, but did you hear that she's like super messed up after being taken by the cartel for like a month or something?" The girl spoke, I think her last name was Kepner.

"Yeah, and he made her have a heart attack because he got wasted and cheated on her while she was pregnant." Jackson said and I rolled my eyes because now they were just exaggerating things.

"Actually," I said turning into the break room, I leaned against the doorway- catching them all off guard, "I had a heart attack because I had such severe PTSD, and I had to have emergent surgery so Danger could live, and then her heart stopped beating four times. But she lived, and so did I. So before you spread exaggerated, false rumors, make sure the person you're gossiping about isn't around the corner." I said, raising one eyebrow and they left in a hurry, probably terrified of me.

I sighed once they left, I felt like deflating.

I sat on the edge of the table, setting my files beside my legs, I heard familiar footsteps and I looked up to see Riggs walk in with his hair messy and his shirt partially unbuttoned.

"What happened to you?" I chuckled as he walked towards me and stood between my legs, his hands resting on my thighs.

"I got into a fight., In a bowling alley. With other cops.. Over a stupid plaque." He said, each time he spoke he looked more and more confused.

"That's my boy." I joked as I put my hand on his face.

I kissed him, needing it after my little rant.

"H-How are you doing?" He asked against my lips, "I just walked in and got mad at all the Juniors." I chuckled softly, our foreheads together.

"That's my girl." He said and I rolled my eyes, before I kissed him again.

--

M A R T I N

"You two seem awfully close, you dating?" Petry, the ranger said walking up to my desk.

"Married-- for almost a year." I smiled up at the man as I corrected him, showing him my ring.

"Well, I'm surprised your captain is okay with this type of public affection." He said and I was taken back by his statement, as if Deja and I holding hands or kissing, offended him.

"Well, he is because I almost lost her.. I did, in fact, lose her for a month. She was taken and almost died, so we don't stray too far from each other." I said and he cleared his throat, "I-I'm sorry about that, I didn't mean to step on any toes."