2. Dinner

D E J A

I stood by the small island as Roger made his infamous spaghetti. Everything he made was infamous - according to him.

"I've worked with a few guys that are a little nuts before, but this dude is in a class by himself!" He ranted to his wife, Trish, who was also in law enforcement as a counselor, and she was beautiful woman who put anyone in their place, and she was my godmother.

I laughed as I ate some grapes, I was over here like it was like my own house, since a year ago it was, I lived with them after my parents both died.

"Roger, he wasn't that bad. No one got hurt." I said and he gave me wide eyes.

"Except the three men that he shot and were burnt." I cringed as I forgot about them.

Before he could rant any longer, two out of three of his children came into the large house.

"Yo, Deja!" RJ, and Raine shouted as they ran up to me.

RJ was the oldest, the seventeen year old brother who was extremely protective over his sisters.

Raine ran up as she wrapped her arms around me, seeing how we grew up together.

She was only 15 and a killer - smart, funny, and drop dead gorgeous, but Roger wouldn't admit his little girl was growing up.

They had a baby girl named Belladonna, after my late adoptive mother.

"How was school?" I asked the kids as they stood on either side of me, my little siblings.

They told me all the drama as the doorbell rang, "Momma, are we expecting anyone?" Roger asked Trish.

She slowly shook her head as the two walked over towards the front door, us kids snuck around the corner to see who it was.

"Hi, Martin Riggs. The one who almost killed Young. I'm sure you've heard a lot about me." We peeked to see him shaking Trish's hand.

"Not a word. We're about to have dinner, would you like to come in?" Trish, being her amazing self, offered.

"No, he can't, he's got stuff he's gotta do." Roger quickly objected.

Trish slowly pulled him into the doorway, "I mean it does smell good." Riggs smiled as he walked in, taking off his jacket, I giggled as I scooted my sibs back into the kitchen, where we acted naturally while the three strolled in.

"These are our children, RJ, Raine, and you've already met Deja." Trish said as RJ and Raine shook his hand before he glanced up at me, standing beside me.

"You're friends with him?" Riggs asked as he pointed at Roger.

"Forced friendship." I joked as I smiled at Trish and Roger.

"She's one of our three godchildren." Trish smiled, putting her hand on me as she walked past me.

"You're their godchild?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes, you almost killed my goddaughter." Roger spoke loudly.

"But he didn't." I smirked at him.