40. Baby names

D E J A

"What about Lydia?" I asked as we sat in the trailer on the couch.

"And what if it's a boy?" Martin smiled as I played with his hair.

"Jack." I smiled and he slightly smiled as he kissed the fabric over my small baby bump that was finally starting to show.

He slowly sat up and brought his soft lips up to mine.

As we broke apart I lightly smiled, "Penelope." I whispered, I opened my eyes to see Martin giving me a curious look.

"If it's a girl, lets name her Penelope." I smiled and he chuckled, he lightly nodded, his face close to mine.

"Penelope Ann Riggs." He whispered against my lips, his hand over my belly as he brought his lips to mine.

--

"I'm looking for a Deja Young-- Riggs." I heard a man speak as he corrected himself.

I looked up to see a 50-60 year old Caucasian male.

"Uh, sorry. She's o-out right now.. Can I give her a message?" I stammered because I was extremely paranoid as of lately, I felt Riggs watch closely to make sure nothing bad happened.

I finally felt stable enough to come back to work, only on desk duty, though.

"Could you tell her that, uh, her biological parents would like to get in contact her, and that if she's interested, were eating at the cafeteria tonight, and if she has any questions or anything- we'll be there every night for the next week." He said and I slowly nodded, my lips slightly parted.

"I'm sorry, you name is?" He inquired.

"Uh, Detective Michaelson." I looked up at him as he reached his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm District Attorney, Ronald Delgado." He smiled and I slightly nodded, "It's nice to meet you." I nodded.

I didn't come into work today thinking that I'd shake my biological father's hand today.

He thanked me before leaving towards the elevator, I looked over at at Riggs with my mouth gaped open still.

I gave him a strange look before I scoffed as I leaned back into my chair, I placed my hand on my baby.

"You going?" He asked nodding at me, I slowly nodded, deciding in that second.

"And you're coming." I smirked.

Time seemed to fly after that, but at the same time it seemed to move as quick as molasses-- either way, I was now walking into the stations cafeteria where a bunch of Uniformed Officers had quick meals while on their shifts.

My husband walking beside me as we walked towards the grey haired man in a suit and glasses, he sat next to a cute lady with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes.

My breath hitched as we got closer, my chest became tight as my mothers eyes landed on me.

We sat down across from them, my husband introducing us both since I was a little occupied as I gawked over my parents- they looked so much like me.

"Why didn't you tell me it was you?" Mr. Delgado asked, a smile playing on his lips.

"Do understand the hell I just escaped from? I take all precautions necessary to keep my family together, Mr. Delgado." I said before looking at my heart.

Riggs.

--

"I don't know, kinda awkward." I shrugged as I sat at the island in Trish and Rogers kitchen.

"Oh, come on. You met the people that brought you into this world, and it was just kinda awkward ?" Trish giggled and I chuckled.

"It wasn't incredible or surreal?" Roger asked leaning on the counter across the kitchen.

I shrugged, "It was surreal. But I wasn't expecting to ever see them. I'm happy with my life, I'm home with my family, about to have a family of my own- with someone who is too good to me." I confessed because talking about the family I have now made me filled with joy-- much more than talking about the people that didn't want me when I was just a baby.

My phone rang and answered it, "Hello?" I said with a smile, "Hey baby, I'm in the front, mind telling Rog to let me in?" My goofy husband spoke and I chuckled.

"I'll come unlock it." I spoke all giddy, even though I saw him just a few hours ago.

"Hey, no, no. If you're comfortable than you stay right where you are, where's the spare?" He said and I lightly shook my head.

"Roger will kill me." I whispered before giggling, "The plant on the left side of the door is fake, it's in the bottom of the pot." I instructed him and Roger's eyes widened.

"Got it." He said before I hung up, I heard the front door close and I looked over to see my rugged husband coming towards me.

He kissed my head before sitting next to me, he barely greeted my parents before talking to my stomach, which was amusing.

"A year ago you've never fed a baby and now look at you." Trish smiled that motherly smile.

She laughed lightly while I smiled, I took Martin's hand in mine.

"Hey, uh, while you're both here I wanted to ask you guys something-- are you two really raising a human being in that trailer?" Roger asked, straight up.

I nodded, "Why not? The baby's sleeping with us anyways." I shrugged lightly while Riggs just went along with what I said.

A/N STILES IS COMING BACK 6x10 GUYSSSSSSahh.

Also I'm currently obsessing over Grey's Anatomy so be prepared for references from that cool show too 😎