19. Inappropriate work behavior

D E J A

I breathed deeply because I had to walk by this guy that I was crazy for.

I walked past Riggs desk as he hid somethings on his desk-- a flask.

"Detective Riggs." I sighed as I stopped, I looked back at him and he looked up at me.

"Junior Detective Young." "I'm not a junior detective, anymore." I said smirking- shifting my weight in my pencil skirt.

With my temporary fill for Jackson, I had to dress nice, but I was just wearing this outfit to make Riggs stare.

He stood up so he had like two inches on me, even with my heels.

"Still going steady with Chief Jack-Ass?" He asked and I huffed.

"Jackson. And we're not together, I'm assisting him until this case is over." I said folding my arms over my chest with a smirk.

"Why are you hiding that flask underneath that file? I'm assuming that's what you covered when I walked by." I said and he smiled, chuckling softly.

I couldn't help but adore his smile and laugh-- and eyes and wonderful hair.

"Absolutely not! It would be inappropriate to drink on duty." He said and I bit back my smile.

"I wouldn't put it past you and your inappropriate work behavior." I smiled.

"Hey, Deja, listen." He sighed as he scratched the back of his head.

"I owe you a date." He said as he looked up at me.

"A date?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes. Technically, I still haven't kept my promise." He said and I bit back my smile as I thought about the night he first kissed me, in the parking garage at work.

"Well," My smiled faded, "We're not really together, right? Because you didn't want anything serious and you liked me...." I fed him his own words and he sighed with his eyes closed.

"Let me at least walk with you for two minutes and I'll explain everything." He said and I looked around before sighing.

"Keep up." I said as he followed my every step.

"I heard you washed up on a shore, butt-naked last week." I said not wanting to really talk about us because it'd make me sad and confused.

"I drank that night-- apparently to the point of passing out. I don't remember anything." He chuckled and I scoffed as I shook my head.

"Riggs, Young! - just who I wanted to see." My temporary Captain/Partner, Jackson, said as he stopped us.

"What's up, Jackas-" Riggs started and I pushed some files into his chest to interrupt him.

"What is it, Jackson?" I asked seriously.

"I have a small sting operation- we could finally catch this guy! But I need your guys' help." My handsome friend and boss barely explained enough.

We went into Avery's office as he explained that all the murders are tied to a speed dating at an Irish restaurant.

"No, no, no. hell no." Riggs said because he realized what I'd be used for.