11. Lifes a picnic

D E J A

I helped Trish with carrying some food out and set it on a long table that had a collection of other foods.

I stole a chip from the bowl I just brought out, "Is that it?" I asked as I slightly covered my mouth while I chewed.

"You can go find him." She smiled widely and I shyly smiled before walking around and looking for one person in particular at this little bbq at the Murtaugh's home, in their backyard.

I stopped as I saw Riggs drinking a beer as he tried to help Roger with the barbecuing, which was amusing because Roger never lets anyone help.

I walked over, "Don't fight at Raine's party." I smirked.

They both glanced at all of the teenagers roaming the backyard.

She wanted to throw a small party to impress some boy.

"D, get him out of here, will you?" Roger harshly whispered and I chuckled.

I grabbed Martin's arm that had his hand tucked in his front pants pocket, I pulled him out of the way, near the edge of the party so we weren't the center of attention.

"I'm surprised you even showed up." I said as we leaned on the fence.

"And miss this party?" He smiled over at me and I chuckled softly.

"I don't know why Raine's even throwing a party for this boy, he sounds like a player to me." I said looking around at the party as our hands locked together, I felt him looking at me as I worried about my little sister.

"Plus, I think every girl at this party is crushing on you." I said looking up at him to see a small smirk playing on his lips as he looked down at me.

"They're all high schoolers." He laughed, "So? Take it as a compliment." I laughed as I shrugged.

I lightly gasped, "That's him, that's who she likes.. Maybe I'll do a little interrogating." I said trying to step away but Riggs pulled me back.

He held me close as our lips were pressed together, making me forget about whatever I was doing.

"Yo, the food is done!" Roger yelled, probably just to make Riggs and I stop kissing.

I smiled as we broke apart, I bit my smile as I put my head on his chest.

I stood up straight to see a small smirk looking at me, "Thanks." I spoke shyly and he slightly nodded.

I breathed deeply before we went and got food.

Riggs and I sat at a table with Trish and Roger, of course after a few moms and older sisters tried to get his number. The chaperones.

I couldn't quit giggling as Riggs sat down by me, "Lots of Cougars here, today." I smiled to myself as I picked at my food.

"Can you blame them?" Trish laughed and I laughed loudly.

I love Trish.

"Hey, hello. Husband, sitting right here." Roger said and Trish laughed as she grabbed his arm, she assured him that their was no one else for her.