5. There goes the neighborhood pt. 1

D E J A

"Riggs? Are you homeless?" I asked walking up to a messy haired Riggs with his shirt unbuttoned and he was just wearing boxers as he washed his clothes with one of the showers on the beach.

"Hey! No, I got a trailer up a ways. Not a lot of people which is great, but, no washing machine." He said and I hummed.

He looked back at me, staring at my suit and board.

"You surf here a lot?" He asked.

"Yeah, my whole life." I said and he quickly stood up, "Hey, how'd the test go? Roger came and insisted I go so he could give you a ride." He said and I chuckled.

"I just barely passed." I shrugged.

"Hey, I had to take it twice, almost three times." He tried to make me feel better.

"You're lying, but thanks." I smirked.

"Have you ever heard of a laundromat?" I asked as he started washing his clothes again.

"Aw, come on. You can beat this view!" He said looking out at the ocean as I walked around him so I was in front of him now.

"You might want to consider fluff n' fold. Could help your look." I smirked.

"There's nothing wrong with my look." He said as I smirked, "Bye Riggs."

"Hey, I don't look homeless! And congratulations!" He shouted and I glanced back at him with a smile.

--

"Have I told how proud I am of you?" Trish continued to gush over me as she brought Bella downstairs.

"Only a few times." I smiled at her as she handed me Bella.

I heard a knock on the door as I walked towards Bella's high chair.

"Hey, Martin!" Trish greeted him with a smile.

"Hi." He walked into the kitchen.

I put baby Bella in her chair, "Nice to see you." Trish said getting some food ready for Bell, "Good to see you."

"Roger will be back any minute, unless you're here to talk to D." Trish said as I stood up straight.

"Actually, Trish, can I ask you a question?" He asked.

"Uh-huh." She said as she handed me a small bowl with a rubber baby spoon.

I looked over at Riggs as he looked at me, "Do I look homeless... To you?" He asked looking over at Trish as I smiled widely.

"What? Of course not. I mean, sometimes you're a little scruffy, but that's part of your charm." She smiled as she spoke sweetly.

"Right. Part of my charm." Riggs agreed with her.

Trish excused herself as she got a phone call from work.

"I never said you looked homeless." I spoke as I fed Bell.

"You pretty much did." He said and I smirked, "I said it would help your look." I said before I stood up straight and turned towards him.