6. There goes the neighborhood pt. 2

D E J A

I was dozing off in the back of the car as Riggs phone started to ring.

We've been driving around for forever, waiting for that guy to confess, so we could be on it in no time.

"Bailey, what's up?" Riggs asked with her on speaker.

"Cruz just found an address texted to Boogie's phone, and a 911 call just came in from the same location-- robbery." She spoke, boogie was the guy Riggs tackled and we took in.

"That's our crew. What's the address?" Murtaugh said as he drove.

"2604 South Gramercy. But there's more, the woman called it in is in the house. 911 has her on the line." She said and I sat up slowly, "All right, patch us through." Riggs said as he took Bailey off of speaker.

Murtaugh and I listened closely as Riggs talked to the girl, she was hiding in a closet and she said she could see the front door, Riggs told her to stay inside, a bunch, but she said she could make it before we heard a gunshot.

"Drive." Riggs said lowly to Murtaugh.

We got to the house first and Riggs kicked open the door, I was behind him and Murtaugh was behind me.

Riggs lowered his weapon as he looked into the living room to see Hayley, the woman he spoke to on the phone, laying in her living room with a single gunshot to the heart.

--

"This case is now our top priority. A young woman is dead, shot with a .380, no fingerprints were found at the scene." I barely listened to important stuff.

We were all kept late at night to find out more about this case.

They talked about a link that we were missing because the woman's house that they robbed, Jessica's house - Hayley's sister, didn't have much to steal so we were missing some kind of link.

I stood up and walked down the halls, I stopped as I looked through a glass window to see Jessica being interviewed by Riggs.

I couldn't hear anything before he stood up and walked towards the door.

"Hey," He said looking up at me, "Hi." I breathed.

My arms were crossed over my chest.

"Are you okay?" I asked because it seemed like the steely façade was down right now.

"Yeah, yeah. Are you?" He asked placing his hand on my back as we started walking down the hall.

"No, that girl.." I trailed off.

"Let me take you home." He sighed and I didn't argue with it.

I texted Murtaugh and told him I was heading home as we walked across the parking lot and towards Martin's red and yellow pickup.

Before he started the truck he sighed loudly.

"This may seem like inappropriate timing, but I want to take you out on a real date." He said and I looked over at him.

"No joking around about it, like a real date at the movies or dinner or at a park or something?" I asked and he nodded.

"Finally." I smiled.