55. Details

D E J A

"We spend enough time with her, right?" I asked as I sat back in my chair.

"Who is her?" Riggs asked sifting through his files.

"Danger." I said and he looked up at me, "I mean, I just feel like we're taking her for granted. She's survived so much.. and we're at work all the time." I said and he sighed.

"We're good parents, Deja. I'm an ok-dad and you're an amazing mother." He said and I chuckled.

"I'm going to see her, I'll be back before long." I assured him, I stood up and leaned down and kissed my husband.

I stood up and ran my fingers through his hair, he smiled up at me, "Don't get into too much trouble until I get back."

He chuckled, "I can't make any promises."

I kissed him once more before leaving the office, I told Avery I was taking my lunch break.

I stopped by a Walgreens before I went to Danger's daycare, I picked up one, very important thing.

I went to the daycare center and used the bathroom before finding my baby, I sat on the sinks for two minutes, two very delicate minutes.

My phone went off, telling me two minutes had passed.

I picked up the skinny stick and a smile grew on my lips, I covered my smiled with a few fingers before I sighed happily.

I disposed of my garbage and washed my hands before I went saw my little girl.

--

I smiled as I thought about fun ways to tell Martin that we're expecting a second bundle.

The elevator dinged and I walked into the office and I noticed it was eerily quiet.

I stepped in to see it was desolate, I walked over to see Avery but his office was empty, too.

As I was about to leave, I noticed two gunshot holes through a computer.

My heart started to race as I got my gun out from its holster.

I inhaled deeply before I started sweeping through the floor.

As I opened a door, I was faced with a gun pointed in my direction.

I lowered my gun, and Lexie lowered hers.

"Lexie? What is going on?" I whispered as she pulled me into the closet.

"There's a shooter, the whole building is on lockdown. Someone tried to take them down but they got shot." She explained quickly.

"Who was shot? Who was shot?" I spoke seriously, worried for anyone, especially my family.

"I-I don't know, I was getting more paper for the printers. I'm a Junior!" She said slightly freaking out.

"Lex, calm down, alright? Have you seen anyone else?" I said holding onto her arms as she breathed deeply.

"Uh, yeah, I saw- I saw Riggs a few minutes ago, h-he told me to stay here." She stammered and I sighed frustration.