12. Noise complaint

D E J A

"Riggs, Young, you've got a 4-15." "Another noise complaint?" I complained as I stood from my desk.

All there has been for the last few weeks are noise complaints and the occasional robbery, which is usually some teenagers being dumb.

"You're still a junior detective, just follow Riggs steps.." Avery said and I gave him a weird look, "Not his exact steps, but even though there's very few, he has some good traits." Avery said and I chuckled.

"Where is he?" I asked and Avery shrugged, "Check Cahill." He said and I slowly nodded.

I walked down the hall and overheard some indistinct chatter between Riggs and Cahill.

"Hey," I walked into the break room, they both leaned on the counter, just talking as Cahill drank tea and Riggs didn't have anything.

"Riggs, we have a 4-15." I sighed and chuckled, "What is that? The fifth time this week?" He asked rhetorically.

"Later, Cahill." I smiled at the counselor who was also my friend since she counseled me when I was depressed.

-

I exhaled loudly as I closed the drivers door, we walked up the driveway and stood at the doorstep of the house.

The music nearly shook the exterior walls, which is why the neighbors have been calling about the noise.

We rang the doorbell and I looked up at Riggs, "I know we're serving the public- but this is not why I became a cop, let alone a detective." I sighed as we waited.

"Don't worry, they're just putting you on some slower stuff to get you warmed up into the system." He said as we still waited.

"I'm used to the rush- thanks to you." I smirked.

"The first day on duty as a detective I was held at gun point and witnessed an explosion. I've walked into a tripwire and jumped off a 20 story building.. With a bomb." I said before laughing, "I'm pretty experienced for only having a few months under me."

"The jumping off of the buildings was not my idea." He said ringing the doorbell for the fourth time and I laughed before opening the door, obviously no one would hear us with the music how it was.

I walked into the building and my chest raddled along with the music, I felt someone take my hand as Riggs closed the door behind us.

Riggs held my hand tightly as we walked through the crowd, looking for a Samantha Gate, the host of the party.

All the 20-30 year olds shook the floor, sweating all over the place.

We stopped in the middle of the dance floor, we saw the DJ at his table, getting real into the song Breathe Life by Jack Garratt.

"I don't see her anywhere." I yelled over the music, but it was so loud I assumed Riggs didn't hear me.

I looked up at him to see his eyes on a beautiful brunette as she stood by a group of friends, laughing.

It was her- it had to be.

That was his Miranda.