18. Shotgun wedding

D E J A

"Charlie," I spoke breathlessly as I stepped back and looked at my best friend in a clearance dress, since it's one of the very few she could take home the same day.

"You're so beautiful." I smiled while I slightly pouted because I was about to burst into tears.

Her dark hair was starting to grow back, and she was abnormally beautiful, glowing- really.

"Are you ready?" I asked and she nodded, "With you by my side, yes." She said and I waved my hands in front of my face because tears were threatening to spill.

"Wait," She stopped me before we opened the doors, our arms were hooked as her bridesmaids got ready behind us.

"What is it?" I asked turning towards her.

"I invited him." She cringed.

"Who?" I gave her a weird look.

"Martin. I'm so sorry!" She said and I chuckled, "Don't sweat it, you two are friends. Besides, we're fine." I shrugged and she sighed.

The church doors opened to reveal a church that was packed tightly, they all stood for the bride.

I breathed deeply as I started walking my best friend down the isle, since neither of her parents were in the picture anymore.

I smiled proudly as Jason asked for her hand, but before she stepped up beside him she turned towards me, hugging me tightly.

I hugged her with all my might before we both breathed deeply.

We broke apart and her lip trembled as she stepped away from me and in front of her husband.

I stepped up and stood behind my best friend.

I stood there with my bouquet, watching the other bridesmaids walk down towards us.

I glanced into the crowd for my eyes to land on a certain curly haired man.

Martin smiled, he mouthed 'you look beautiful' before I bit back my smile.

I noticed he was dressed dapperly, in a dark button up shirt, tucked into some tan pants- he stood with my family.

I had to tear my eyes away from his addictive smile as I watched my best friend get married to a man I highly respected.

--

"Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce for the first time ever-- Mr. And Mrs. Jason Vance!" The DJ announced as everyone stood as Jason and Charlie came in, before they walked onto the hardwood dance floor.

We luckily found a beautiful venue to have the reception at because another one cancelled.

I watched from the wedding party table as they danced for the first time as a married couple.

"I don't think there's a cuter couple." A fellow bridesmaid whispered and I agreed.

I carefully used a napkin to wipe under my eye, not messing up my makeup.