22. Busting bad guys with Baby Bella

D E J A

"Is that baby Bell?" I smiled widely as I walked up to Roger and Baby Belladonna.

"Happy bring your daughter to work because-the-nanny-drank-expired-milk, day." Roger said as he handed me to her.

"Benders not off, is it?" I asked as we walked across the street to the crime scene.

"Hell no. I only get the house to myself once a decade. I need this weekend, so I can get through the next weekend." Roger rambled as I felt someone touch my arm.

"Hey, Riggs." I smiled at him.

"Morning, sunshine." He said and I bit back my smile.

"And don't you look terrible?" Murtaugh said to Riggs, "I didn't think you could look any worse." He said and I scoffed.

"Thanks. Good morning." Riggs gave Murtaugh a weird look.

"You got something hanging on the front of you." Riggs said pointing at Bella, "Or are you just wearing children as, uh, jewelry nowadays?" Riggs smiled at me.

"Yeah, it's called work-life balance. I'm leaning in. Can we do some policing, please?" Murtaugh said and I sighed.

"Victim is male, early 20s, Asian. Bullet wound to the head." I said as I kept Bella from looking at the body that was in a suitcase, "No wallet or I.D. We do know he was killed somewhere else. Had his legs broken, stuffed in a case, and moved to this location." I cringed before keeping my eyes off of the body as well.

"So, you think it's gangs?" Murtaugh gestured towards the tattoos covering the dead body, "No, I think it's more hipster than gangster." I shrugged.

"We've got trace elements of white powder under his fingernails. I'll run some tests." Scorsese spoke, observing the body.

"Fashion District is ground zero for drug smugglers. I'm guessing coke." Murtaugh spoke up, when I realized Riggs had wandered off.

"You're right. Why have science when you have guessing?" Scorsese smirked sarcastically.

"I've seen this before. This is a message. You don't drop a corpse like this unless you want someone to see it, am I right?" Murtaugh said and I hummed.

"And I'm talking to myself again." Murtaugh sighed and I scoffed.

"I won't take that offensively." I spoke.

"Hey, Riggs! We have a dead body here, remember?" Murtaugh hollered at the curly haired man as he wandered around the crime scene.

"So you're walking to work, you see caution tape, looky-loos, body shoved into a suitcase, and what? You just keep your head down?" He said as he walked over to Roger and I as we all watched an older Asian couple walk away in a rushed manor.

"Looky loos?" I questioned, giving Riggs a weird look.

"Southern thing." He shrugged.

"Dej, will you join me?" Riggs asked I hummed, "Bye baby Bell." I kissed her head before handing her off to her pops.

"I can babysit for the weekend so you can continue your bender." I offered which made Murtaugh happy.