52. Brotherly love pt.1

D E J A

"What's that look for?" I said, not even having to look at Riggs to know he was giving me a look.

"I don't know what you mean." He said and I could hear his smirk.

"Riggs.." I chuckled, although I was really trying to focus-- my laser light focus wasn't as good as it used to be.

"Why are you staring at me?" I said finally looking up at him, he sat at his desk while I sat at mine.

"Because, you're beautiful." He said and I smiled as I tilted my head.

"What are you getting at?" I questioned him, "I'm not getting at anywhere, I'm just saying you're beautiful and that I love you." "Oh, you're definitely getting somewhere." I laughed as I shook my head.

"I'm just saying that I really hope she looks like you-- I hope Danger grows up to be exactly like you." He said and my eyes softened.

"You want to invite Lexie to dinner, don't you?" I smirked and he broke, "How do you not want her to? She's like a five year old in a 30 year olds body!" He said and I chuckled.

"If you like her so much, you invite her." I said and he smiled, "You're okay with it?" He asked and I nodded, "But it'll be awkward as hell and everyone will probably be really comfortable." I shrugged and he chuckled.

--

"People are stealing cars from the police lot?" I scoffed as we walked up to the car that someone tried to steal but bolted before he could get the actual car.

"Audacious, I'll tell you that." Roger said slightly shaking his head as him and Riggs walked alongside me.

"The security didn't get a good look at the guy. Just saw a person with a baseball cap and a hoodie over it, cameras didn't catch anything, either." Jackson Avery said walking over as I walked to one side of the car and Riggs on the other.

"Now this is a hooptie!" Roger said as he looked at the back of the car.

"Perfect for RJ." He said and I lightly shook my head.

"But the one thing this job teaches us is that you can't judge a book by its cover." I said after opening the passenger door and popping off the trim of the door.

I grabbed the large block of coke, I tossed it over the car to Riggs who caught it with ease.

He popped the trim off of his door, too.

"Hey, Rog. You might not want to go with the blow-in-the-door trim. It's a killer on insurance." Riggs joked as he smiled over at Roger and then me.

"Jackson, take this car and all the evidence to the lab. Dust it for prints." I said before we stepped away from the car so it could be towed.

"Scorsese.." I said and motioned for him to come over towards the chainlink fence, all the boys and Bailey followed me as I noticed something.

"Is that blood." I said pointing to the top of the fence.

I heard the whirring of the tow truck, getting ready to pull the car away.