10. Work party

D E J A

"You have my number and Trish's and Roger's, you can call RJ if you need him, or Raine!" I rambled, "Even my neighbor Jane is kinda cool." I shrugged and Charlie laughed.

"I'm fine, really, D. Go to your party." She insisted.

"Tell Martin I say hello." She winked at me and I rolled my eyes, "Like he'll be there. I told him about it and he barely batted an eye." I scoffed.

"If he knew what you were wearing, he'd have a fit." She said and I bit my lip before winking at her, jokingly seductive.

"I'll see you later C, love you." I said kissing her head.

She told me she loved me before I left in my black dress, I walked into the hall to see a man waiting in the hallway.

He looked up and his eyes looked at my figure, "Lucky man." He said and I lightly chuckled, "Work party." I smiled.

"Well, in that case, I'm Dennis, I just moved in to apartment 3." He smiled and I shook his hand.

"Deja. nice to meet you, neighbor. I should really get going though." I smiled before leaving quickly, since I wasn't looking for anything, because I have Riggs.

-

M A R T I N

"Why would I go to a work party on a perfectly fine Tuesday night?" I asked with my phone in between my shoulder and ear as I opened a beer.

"Because your girlfriend is going-- or whatever you and my daughter are!" Murtaugh said and I smiled, "Deja's going?" I asked and he hummed, "We're leaving now, you better not disappoint my girl." He threatened before hanging up.

I sighed as I set down my beer and phone, I walked over and looked at the two nice shirts I had, I picked one out and looked at it for a minute before groaning loudly.

All because I like a girl.

-

I brushed my hair back as I got out of my truck, I walked over to the building that the LAPD rented out for this anniversary party for someone who's worked here for too long.

I walked in and fixed my shirt before I spotted Roger, chatting up some retired men.

I slightly shook my head before I looked a few yards away from him to see Trish.

My lips parted in amazement as I saw Deja, in her black dress, her long blonde hair was wavy and her makeup was flawless.

I watched her for a second as she talked to Trish, her eyes landed on me and her smile grew, she motioned for me to come over as Trish looked over at me as I walked over towards her.

"Hello, Martin. I better leave you two alone." Trish said holding my arm, "It was nice seeing you." She smiled up at me, "You too." I nodded at her before she walked over to her husband.

I looked over at Deja, she reminded me of the sun.

"You're breathtaking." I said because she literally was.

"You look so handsome, so spiffy." She walked a few feet so we were close together, I only had a few inches on her with her heels on.