47. Family

D E J A

"You'll never believe who I saw today." "Miranda?" I said eyeing Riggs and he chuckled, "You were the Detective helping her today." He said as he put 1 & 2 together and I smiled.

"So, how was work today?" He said plopping down next to me on the couch.

"You should know, you were there for most the day. I just helped with the robbery and then talked to Avery." I shrugged, laying my head in the crook of his neck as he put his arm around my shoulders.

"You know what he told me? We're getting Junior Detective's next week, we're supposed to take them under our wing or whatever." I said lightly scoffing.

"Hey, it wasn't that long ago that you were a junior." He said and I chuckled, "And I fell in love with my partner.. And walked into a tripwire, and jumped off a building and how could I forget when you pulled me into an active armed robbery." I smirked as I sat up and looked up at him.

"And look at you now, Avery called you the best cop he's got." "And also the most damaged, I mean, like, I'm messed up." I said and he chuckled.

"You're not messed up, you're strong." He said kissing the top of my head and I sighed, closing my eyes.

--

"You four will be shadowing Detectives Bailey, Cruz, Murtaugh and Young." Avery said and we four slightly waved.

I glanced at Riggs desk and he was sitting there, he slightly smirked as I looked at him.

He wasn't allowed to have a shadow because of his reckless endangerment.

But he didn't care, he was actually happy about that part.

I noticed a brunette girl who kept staring at me, she nervously messed with the hem of her sweater.

Avery named off who would shadowing who, I peeked up when I heard my name, "Deja, you're with, uh, Lexie." He said and the brunette girls eyes met mine, her green eyes reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on it.

We were dismissed and I felt Lexie two steps behind me as I walked out to my desk, Riggs smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"You can sit here, Lexie." I said pulling a chair up to my desk as I sat down in my chair.

She sat down, looking at me, almost like she knew me.

"So, Lexie, what's your last name?" I sighed because we call everyone by their last name.

"It's, uh, Delgado." She said and I nodded before someone called out a shooting.

"That's us." I spoke quickly, jumping from my desk and nodding at Riggs, he saluted me before Delgado and I took a cruiser to the scene.

Delgado..

Sounds like Delilah, I internally pouted because I missed my baby who was being watched by a babysitter.

We pulled up and noticed that had already gotten into the store where the shooting happened, I told Delgado to follow me wherever I went before we went and asked for the 4-11.