3. Surf n' turf

D E J A

I straightened out the picture of my family, making the sun hit it just right, before I left my apartment to see my family before I go to work.

I walked in after unlocking to door, "Will you go put some damn clothes on?" I heard Roger say and I chuckled as I walked into the kitchen.

"I'm dressed." Raine said as she stood in the kitchen in white shorts and a blue tank top.

"Uh-uh, you got take your narrow butt upstairs and put something on that covers it. We're having company tonight." Roger said as RJ ate breakfast at the island while Roger made ribs.

"It's just Riggs, he'll be dressed worse than me." Raine said and I chuckled.

"Morning." I laughed, "Morning D, would you tell Raine to go put on something?" Roger asked for some sense to be knocked into his daughter.

"Raine, at this age, they're are absolutely no boys you need to impress, go change." I said walking over before I sat by RJ.

RJ reached to touch the ribs and Roger stopped him, he told them they were relaxing..

Raine came back and I kissed her head, "I'm heading to the station-" "You'll be here for dinner?" Trish asked as she walked in, "Yeah, I'll try to be around." I smirked because I'm always around.

--

"Is he insane? Does he have any idea how hard I worked on these ribs?" Roger ranted as we sat at the table with one empty chair beside me and a full plate.

"He ain't coming, D." RJ said, "Very astute. Now I think I know why you're going to Princeton." Roger spoke sarcastically.

"Roger. Stop." Trish tried to keep from laughing, "Now, don't you think you should call him?" She asked.

"Yeah, make sure he's okay." I said because he's a troubled guy.

"Oh, he better not be okay." Roger said standing up and walking to the living room.

I cringed as I heard him rat out his partner.

--

I smiled to myself as I heard Roger still ranting about how Riggs didn't make it to dinner last night as they walked into the department.

"And then you come in with your shades on like you're Johnny freaking Depp!" Roger said annoyed as Riggs sat in the desk beside mine, "Man, take the damn shades off!" He demanded and I looked up as Riggs did what he demanded.

My lips parted as Riggs revealed his dark purple eye.

"Man, put the damn shades back on." He said before he left to his own desk.

I didn't realize the desk next to me was even occupied, let alone have Riggs occupying it.

"Is he always like this?" He asked and I chuckled as I filled out paperwork, which is about 3/4 of the job.

"Only when you miss dinner." I smiled over at him and he smiled too.

"Young, Riggs, we've got a 4-15." Murtaugh hollered and I was surprised he called my name too.