Never Again

Harry marched solemnly. The forest was dead silent. The noises of the battle had faded to nothing in the background.

Harry walked, leaves crunching under his feet. He held his wand tight in his hand. He knew he wouldn't need it though. He had to die.

------------------------------

"Still won't talk? Boy, you should have known. You should've have hexed him unconscious right then and there. But no. You cried. You let him help you. Your weak. No, no, weak won't do. Weak won't help. Weak won't win a battle. A war."

Draco sat on the dungeon floor, cold, bloody, dripping with sweat and water. Torture. That's all he had been through. Fucking torture. He wouldn't do it. He wouldn't help them. Not against Harry.

They wanted answers. Draco was still a vital part in the plan. He could get into Hogwarts. He was trusted.

They needed him to kill Dumbledore.

He was the only one that could. Dumbldore trusted him.

"Draco! You piece of filth! You listen to me!"
He was hit with another painful curse.
He screamed and wriggled on the ground.

"Well. The torture don't seem to be doing much. Maybe using baby will be a little more, persuasive." A death eater laughed evilly.

"You son of a bitch!" Draco screamed.

"Well, at least he's talking now!"

"I'll do whatever you want! Don't you DARE touch him!" Draco screamed.

"Ah.... the child is the key...." A death eater walked over the Scorpius, who was asleep on a table.

"No! I SAID I WOULD DO IT! STOP!" Draco screamed at the top of his lungs.

They all laughed cruelly. The death eater continued towards the baby, picking him up. 

"What a pity.... he got your looks....
And your disgusting, um, Genes....." He spat, looking at the tiny baby with pale white skin, white blond hair, light grey eyes. And fluffy white kitten ears.

"YOU PUT HIM DOWN RIGHT NOW! DONT YOU TOUCH HIM!"

"What would happen if we just.... CUT.... his little tail off? Eh?" The death eater leered.

"I SAID ILL DO ANYTHING! I WILL DO IT! I'LL KILL DUMBLDORE I SWEAR! DONT YOU TOUCH HIM!" Draco kept screaming, pounding the floor, begging, tears pouring down his face.

They brought the baby over, dropping it. Draco scrambled weakly  across the floor to catch him. He held Scorpius tightly in his arms, rocking him gently. He scooted to one of the walls, leaning his head and back against it. 

"Please.... he needs to eat something... PLEASE!"  Draco begged. Scorpius was crying, aching with hunger.

Lucius stepped forward.

"Give the kid some food. Both of them."

Draco looked up, very confused, and slightly grateful to the man.

Draco fed Scorpius the milk he was given. The little baby quickly drank it all. Draco ate some bread he was given. It was dry, but it was something.

He knew what he had gotten himself into. Never again would Harry kiss him. Never again would Harry hold him tight. Never again would Harry love him. Never again.   

So yes. He knew what he had gotten himself into. He knew damn well. But he needed to. It was the only option. It was his mission from the beginning. He had started off so well.

Now he needed to finish.

---------------------------------

Harry knew that soon, Voldemort would be here. Half an hour at most.

He wondered where Draco was. Where their baby was. If they were safe. He felt his heart tear inside him at the thought. He was never going to see them again. Never going to kiss Draco's soft light pink lips again. Never going to hold them tight again. Never going to love them again. Never again.